She didn't have to say a word as I gathered my stuff and headed for the principal's office. As I passed her, I felt a stinging pain hit the back of my legs almost making my fall and spill my books. I quickly gathered my things again and stood up, trying not to make eye contact with anyone.

I kept walking and thought, 'Did she just hit me with the ruler? Isn't that against the law?'

   At the moment though, I didn't necessarily care about it. I've already got a lot on my mind as is. So ignoring the slight sting in my leg and evolving headache about to trample me, I kept going.

I twisted the door handle to the principal's office and opened it. Inside the small room was the school's principal, Miss Tua. She was writing on some papers when I came into her room. Her dull brown eyes met mine before sighing and setting aside her work. I shut the door behind me and sat in the sat across from her.

   "Miss Wren, is there a particular reason why you were sent down here?" She asked, not in a mean way but questionable.

   "I was resting my head on the desk and waiting for the teacher to come in. Then, when she did, she sent me down here," I explained, leaving the hitting out of the conversation. I should of said something but I'm to tired of life at the moment.

   "Are you okay? You look extremely exhausted," She questioned, readjusting her glasses. I probably looked like a mess.

   "I'm just having a hard time sleeping," I told her. It was half of the truth, these nights were rough on me with endless eyes open the whole night. It sounds ridiculous but I was almost shot in broad daylight! Who knows what would happen at night.

   "Very well," Miss Tua nodded before letting me back to class. Yet, did I really want to go back? Nope, so I skipped the rest of first class and waited for the bell to ring.

   Soon, it was lunch time. It had been a long day and I still have yet to find Ketsu. The gossip was getting worse and worse by the minute when people would glance my way for a moment. Wedge and I sat in the far corner table, trying to enjoy lunch.

   A tray plopped down on the table and I looked up to see Ezra. I almost choked on my food and Wedge glared coldly.

   "What do you want, Jarrus?" I asked, eyebrows knitted together tightly. What in the name of fudge was he thinking?! We are supposed to hate each other, not sit at the same lunch table!

   "Have you heard the rumors going around?" He asked me. I was taken back by the simple question before rolling my eyes. Who doesn't even notice the whispers from people?  It was really annoying.

   "I've seen it but didn't hear about it. Don't tell me because I want to hear it from Ketsu," I responded. Wedge looked at me with astonishment that I actually replied. I even surprised myself. This was risky talking in school.

New gossip will rise and people will wonder why Sabine Wren and Ezra Jarrus are suddenly being all "buddy buddy," with each other.

"Fine," Jarrus grumbled, taking a bit of his food. When I finished, we tried to talk as much as possible to eliminate the awkwardness. Ezra us the reason why he wasn't sitting with his pals was because they ditched him.

When I mean ditched him, I mean they only had enough time to run up to an ice cream parlor then back without being caught. Ezra had run late to getting to lunch so he decided to sit with us.

I yawned when a light invaded my eyes. It kept flickering for awhile before annoying me. I tried to see where it was coming from before seeing a hooded figure waving at me. I knew that old, maroon sweatshirt from anywhere.

   "I'll be right back," I told the two before throwing my leftovers into the garbage. My feet guided me out the door and over to the Ketsu, who kept her head low, hidden in be sweatshirt.

   "What do you know? Sweatshirt hoodie strings are very useful to hide your face," Ketsu joked a little. My eyes narrowed, not in the mood to joke.

   "Where have you been? I've been worrying about you since that big social media blow out!" I whispered, loudly to my best friend. She bit her lip and nervously scuffled her foot on the ground. This raised my concern levels even higher. Whatever this secret was must have taken a real gut wrenching hit to Ketsu.

   "Please tell me what's going on," I begged, placing my hands on her shoulders. She stepped back, my hands sliding off of her shoulders. She stared at the floor before taking a deep breath and looking me straight in the eye.

   A sorrowful smile etched her lips as a way of silently telling me "sorry."

   "You see...I'm-I'm not...straight..."

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adiós!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁