⚀ Meet The Team; Chapter Ten ⚀

Start from the beginning

"Because it is Y/n." She said softly, pushing you forward a bit. You nodded slowly, on the verge of happy, ugly sobs and tears.

"Oh my god." Shiro whispered, before wrapping you in a hug so tight it could have cut of your circulation in seconds. You had to stand on your toes to get up to his height, he had always been much taller than you. He began to tuck his head into your shoulder, you yourself teetering on the edge of tears.

"Why did you do it?.." He croaked, holding you tightly. Guilt settled down into the pit of your stomach. You don't regret what you did to save him, but you do feel bad for making him cry.

"I'm not sorry." You replied, your voice only bringing you closer to letting tears spill. And they did, rolling down your cheeks in identical trails, as tears do.

"..And you really shouldn't be. Thank you, Y/n." He smiled, drawing back and holding your forearms gently. You smiled back, waiting for something to happen as you awkwardly waited for it. "Never again." He instructs, but he smiles gratefully as he does so.

"Never again." You repeated assuringly, relief washing over him.

"Shiro, I think Y/N might want to meet the rest of the team." Pidge muttered, resting a hand on your shoulder. He blinked, bringing himself out of his trance-like state.

"Of course! I think there's someone here you'll be very happy to see." He grinned, motioning his arm for you to follow him. He still had the Galran prosthetic and his white tufts of hair, so you naturally assumed he hadn't stayed on Earth for very long when you sent him back.

"Shiro, who is it?" Pidge whispered, unable to put any of the puzzle pieces together. He gave them a look, a blank smile that said "don't ask again, it's a surprise" like a true dad. A... Space Dad, if you will.

"So.. how long were you on Earth?" You asked, asking questions in an attempt to get answers for your own questions. He answered as you walked, which was a great time for you to merely view the grand castle and the grand beauty inside of it.

"Not even a full day. Iverson had me put in a lab and put me under an hour after I landed, and the rest of the team helped me out of there. After that, we searched for the Blue Lion and Lance piloted us into a wormhole. We ended up here, and I wouldn't wish for anything different." He told, and you felt an angry rock land and sink to the bottom of your heart-pond.

"They just strapped you to a table and didn't let you say anything?!" You asked, and he nodded.

"It's all in the past, they were just following protocol."

"Although you know how much of a stickler I am for protocol, it's still so... obscene." You muttered, and Shiro chuckled.

"There's the Y/n I know."

You smiled at that.

Five minutes went by quickly, who knew being briefed on a group's experience in space would be so time consuming.

After the short-lived walk to watch they called the "lounge", you were practically buzzing. You hadn't been this excited for anything too long a time, so the feeling was leaving positive energy and adrenaline in a glitter trail behind you. You could tell that such joy was refreshing for the Paladins in front of you as well, which you made sure to appreciate.

"Oh Shiro, about earlier, what did you mean when you said 'someone I'll be happy to see'? Do I know them?" You asked innocently, and he turned back to you with a grin that said everything that you needed to know. However, you didn't know what that was.

"You're so smart, Y/n, but your obliviousness hasn't left you. He's running a little late, but he shouldn't be docked in more than ten dobashes."

"..Dobashes?"