3.1: The Old Friend

{a/n: Last updated: September 7, 2018, revised by: April 21, 2022}

Third person P.O.V.

Jungkook traced the old photo given to him by his fan... The same photo he cherish the most that is silently hanged on his room... His huge smile is evident on his entire trip back to his condo that even his manager became so curious about it...

"I don't know what happened between you and that young man, but you're very lucky that your other fans aren't there... Talking to one of them brings nothing but rumors, Jungkook-ah... I hope you're aware of that..." Yoongi said while driving.

"I don't know what else do you want me to say hyung... But that person is like my soulmate; the missing piece in my life..." He sighs, eyes focused on the road. "And you can't tell me that maybe he's lying, because all the things he reminisce is part of my childhood memories..."

"I'm just being cautious kiddo... You are not just a nobody in this world... You're a great singer; The nation's prince! I hope you remember that before I became your manager, I am also your friend... I'm just protecting you from this harsh industry, most especially to those people who wanted nothing but your failure..."

Jungkook only sighed in defeat... What could possibly go wrong in meeting his childhood friend? Is it a crime now to rekindle his friendship with him? It's not like they are together... People always exaggerate things that are not even true...

"We only met today, hyung... For sure it won't happen again..." He lied. That is the biggest lie for tonight... Cause even without his Manager's approval, he asked (or rather begged) the smaller to attend the fan signing event the next day, so that they can talk again...

~

{Flashback: earlier that evening}

Jimin handed him the photo which made Jungkook surprised... The photo is nothing different than the one he have; still the silly old him goofing around and Minnie being the shy one.

"Oh my God! You are Minnie?" Jungkook stared at him.