2.1: The Present

{a/n: Last updated: September 27, 2018, revised: April 19, 2022}

~

Third person P.O.V.

Due to his hardwork in both of his part time jobs, Jimin was able to buy merch like posters and light stick dedicated for his beloved singer... He even requested to his boss that he will not take any day off for the whole month and even work extra hours just to be able to afford a ticket for Jungkook's meet and greet event in Seoul... The way he pushes his own body to its limits just to be able to meet the one person he cherish the most for the past 14 years is really admirable yet scary... (Well, he's not even sure if the idol is really his Kookie-hyung or not, so he needs to know) Hopefully his hardwork will paid off soon.

"I still don't understand as to why do you admire such person with the same name as the person who left and hurt you before... All these merchandise you bought so far from his company are surprisingly expensive, even more expensive than your favorite yellow worn out sweater and sneakers that I forcefully asked you to buy for yourself..." Taehyung sighed as he saw the bunch of posters, photocards and phone case with Jungkook's picture and digital signature.

"But I hope that you're well aware about the fact that my admiration towards him is not as expensive as your gucci obsession, Taetae-hyung..." He smiled. "And besides, what if my hunch is correct that singer Jungkook and Kookie-hyung are the same person? Shouldn't we support him in his dreams? Be his wings to fly, and always stay by his side no matter what..." Jimin pats his best friend's head before checking some new items in the online shop for Cookiez, the fandom name of the singer...

"Minnie, I-uhm, I know this isn't fair to you, considering that you miss bunny teeth so much... I can see the hope in your eyes, that maybe bunny teeth is searching for you too..." Taehyung sighed. "But how can you be so sure that the great idol Jeon Jungkook that you love so much, is the same Jungkook that we've known 14 years ago?? Yes it's true that they have the same birthplace and even his story about him living in America to pursue his dreams... But instead of making his company richer, can't you just save your money for future use and stop collecting stuff like this??" He pointed at the stack of photocards that Jimin haven't put in his album collection. "You're his fan, yes, but wasting the money you earn isn't good!" He whines.

"Then how about we make a deal, Taetae-hyung... I'll stop collecting all of this if you will also stop spending your money for Gucci... Isn't that the reason why you borrowed some money from your rich classmate before? My gosh! I even remember that moment whenever you buy a new pair of shoes or your silk robe... It's like a nightmare to me... So instead of him bugging you everyday to pay up, I was the one who pay on your behalf just for him to leave you alone..." Jimin sighs as he massage his forehead. "Auntie will definitely get mad if they learn that, and truth to be told, you spend more money than I am..."

The latter stared at him in shock. "You what?! Is that the reason why he didn't bug me anymore? B-but why?"

"Maybe because I love you.." Jimin sighed. "Maybe because I already treated you as my brother, and I'll do anything for you... So yeah, instead of doing nothing, why don't you go back to your room and finish your assignment while I'm cleaning this mess... Then after that, I'll cook food for us..." The smaller petted his best friend's head as he walk towards his half empty closet to put his clean clothes.

Taehyung, on the other hand, lay down on the latter's bed and stared at the ceiling covered with glow in the dark stars. Jimin truly loves everything that shines, without knowing that he is the brightest of them all.

"Minnie??" He called him out.

"Yes?" He turn around to look at the owner of the voice.

"Just wanna tell you that I also love you... And I only want what's best for you..." Taehyung smiled softly. "You know that right??"

Jimin went closer to him and hugged his best friend tight.. "Of course hyung... I know how much you love me, and I'm so grateful for that... So don't worry okay? I will never let anyone hurt me... Not even my hopes about idol JK being our friend Kookie-hyung..."

"Always remember that no matter what happen, I will never leave your side... We're legally siblings now, so even that great idol JK will get a punch from me if he'll ever hurt you..." Said the latter with his eyes closed. Hopefully Jimin will get his chance to meet the guy that resembles their old friend... Maybe a closure for both of them would be nice?

{a/n: New update for everyone!... Do you like the story so far? I made few changes on this chapter, so I hope you all liked it...}