First day of...everything (chapter 5, part 1)

Two days later....

....too bright....

I squeezed my eyes shut as I rolled over in my comfy bed, never wanting to leave the everlasting warmth.

Also, it was Monday.

The first day of school.

With Chloe.

Yay...

I blindly searched for my phone by smacking my nightstand, checking the time once I found it.
6:45....
Good. More time to sleep.
Wait....
My eyes flew open and I sat up abruptly. I only had an hour until school! I know it may sound like a lot of time to some girls, but trust me, I always somehow magically ends up taking forever in the shower.
I flung the covers off of me, causing me to shiver, and grab the clothes I had set out the night before. Never hurts to try to look nice, right? Especially when you live with a fashion icon.
I quickly hop in the shower and try to take as little time as possibly.
But of course, by the time I'm completely ready, even with only natural makeup on, it's 7:20. I still need to eat and still need time to be driven to school.
And then some more time to drag Adrien through the crowd of adoring fans.

I run down the stairs but stop when I see Mr. Agreste staring down at me with a look of disapproval. I purse my lips and nod my head at him in a quick greeting.
He doesn't say anything in response, he only watches me as I run -err....walk to the kitchen. I sit down at one of the bar stools in the kitchen and the cook stares at me in surprise. I blink.
"What? Do I have something on my face?"

The cook shakes his head.
"No ma'am, but....it's only 5:25 and I'm not supposed to have breakfast done until 7:10 so I don't have any food for you. "

"Only 5:25?? Last time I check it was 7:20..." I pause and pull out my phone.

"Let me see." The cook replied, holding out his hand. I handed it to him and started at the counter in confusion. "Ah...your phone is somehow set back two time zones, ma'am."

"Oh...thank you. And please, call me y/n. I don't like being formal." I replied, taking my phone back and setting it on the counter.
"Well...since I don't have anything to do, can I help you with breakfast?"

The cook looked at me in surprise. "Miss y/n, I simply can't allow you to help...what would Monsieur Agreste say?"

"Nothing if he doesn't find out. Please? I'm a good cook." I beg him.

"Okay! You can help. Please don't tell Monsieur Agreste. "

I smiled in delight. "Of course not. "

The cook and I spent two hours in the kitchen making breakfast. Well, it was mostly him teaching me how, but I think he enjoyed it too.

I dump all the dishes gently into the sink, wipe away the flour and sugar that was on my cheek, and head to the dinning room to eat breakfast.
Man, I couldn't wait to eat all of that delectable food.
I sit down in one of the chair and wait for Adrien to come down to eat. While I was waiting, I pulled out my phone and went to unlock it, only to stop when I saw the screensaver I had. Of course, it's a picture of my parents. My heart twisted in a rather  uncomfortable away and my hands flew to my chest in attempt to stop the pain, my phone landing on the floor with a loud thump. I took in a shaky breath and placed my hands in my lap once the pain had simmered down to the point where I could plaster a pretty normal expression over the excruciating feeling. My mind racing, I rested my forehead against the edge of the table, closing my eyes to let the thoughts flow.

No one understands this pain....
Yes, some people have lost their parents from guns
And yes, some people have lost their parents and blame it on their decisions.
But nobody ever can understand my pain.
Loosing my parents for not taking a stupid job....
What if I had taken that job?
I know that I would have to take the job no matter what now,
What if I had only said yes before that happened?
It wouldn't have hurt to say yes......
Listen here, girl. You knew you couldn't handle that job along with school and everything else? Besides...moving would have been difficult too.
But....still.
I still wonder....
If I had died instead, would they carry on with their lives and live amazing lives together? Maybe- ..... Maybe even have another child, so they wouldn't be lonely? They would have been better off living and me dying.
How could you say that!!!! They loved you with all of their hearts!!!!
Yeah. They did.