Chapter 13

Griffin finished untying us and we all patiently waited for the signal. I stood in the back of the group since I was the least experienced of us. What sounded like the midst of a fight came from outside the door. A few minutes later we heard three quick knocks at the door and the sound of the lock turning.
The door opened slowly and Trey was standing there with sweat beaded on his forehead. The guard was behind him on the ground knocked out. Trey had a small cut on his cheek and a few bruised places but otherwise seemed to be ok.
"It took a lot but I finally got him," Trey whispered.
"We should probably tie him up," Jack suggested, grabbing the rope from the table. As Jack and Sabrina tied him up we watched to make sure that no one saw us.
     "I also grabbed our weapons from our rooms too," Trey stated. He reached for a small bag that had been thrown to the side. He sat it on the small table in the hallway and opened it. Everyone grabbed either a gun or a knife. I got two knives as I did back at the cabin.
      When Jack finished we walked towards the front door and looked out of the small window in the middle of it. Three men and a woman were standing there. They seemed to be waiting on something. I noticed how much I was shaking. I tightened my grip on my knives trying to deny to myself that I was nervous.
Olivia must have noticed because she grabbed my wrist. "You'll be alright we've got you," she whispered reassuringly. I nodded my head. I've got this. "Sabrina and I will take out the guy on the left, Griffin and Claire take out the woman ,and Olivia and Jack you've got the guy on the right," Trey commanded.
      Everybody readied their weapons and Trey threw the door open. Startled, the people turned around and jumped back. Drawing their own weapons readying themselves for a battle. Sabrina, Trey ,and Griffin held their guns firmly in front of them.
       "Let us leave and we won't hurt you," Griffin shouted at them.
       "You think we are just going to let our prizes walk off without putting up a fight," the woman chuckled. Darkness seemed to fill her eyes. Her hair was a dark brown color with waves in it. Her skin was fair and her eyes were a very dark blue color. She was quite pretty. She had a medium length sword in her hand. Everybody charged at each other.
        A loud bang came from beside me. Griffin had shot at her. A big red spot began to form on her white blouse. The bullet had hit her in her stomach. I was stunned at first that he had gotten a shot in so quickly but then the woman held her hand over her wound and the bullet miraculously appeared in it. The blood spot began to shrink in size as she continued to hold her hand there.
        My mouth fell open in astonishment. "She can heal herself," Griffin remarked. "But wait wouldn't that mean she's like us?" I questioned out loud. "That's exactly what that means," Griffin answered.
"How can we win if we can't harm her?"
"I don't know we will just have to figure something out as we go."
I rushed towards her knife in hand ready to fight. I slashed at her but couldn't land a hit. I jumped back as she sliced at me barely missing my chest. I backed up farther away from her. Griffin fired at her several times. She grunted in pain as the bullets hit her. She fell to her knees.
I realized that it would take her a while to heal herself. Adrenaline coursed through my body. I was already tired ,but I needed to go help the others. "You watch her I'm gonna go help them," I yelled to Griffin as I ran towards the others.
The smell of sweat and blood was filling the air and gunshots were ringing out. I lunged at the man that Trey and Sabrina were fighting. I made a small cut on his arm before he hit me with it knocking me back.
The man already had a wound on his other shoulder. I assumed it was a shot wound. "I'm out of ammo," Sabrina announced. "Me too," Trey said throwing his gun to the side. They both pulled out knives like mine that they had brought just in case.
We all charged at him at the same time bombarding him with hits and cuts. I struggled sat first in the fight ,but luckily for me I catch on quickly. I watched carefully for a few seconds as Sabrina and Trey fought ,watching their fighting patterns. I slashed at the man again.
        At last Trey lunged at him and completely stabbed his knife in the mans stomach. His expression changed from serious to stunned  and pained. He stumbled backwards falling onto the ground. The wound was about where I assumed his liver would be.
        He laid there for only a few seconds before he took his last breath. I didn't really know  what to think. All I knew in that moment was that the others needed help. The stench was growing increasingly worse and I was getting very tired.
I looked around to see that Jack and Claire had knocked out the man that they had been fighting. They both ran towards us as we looked to see where Griffin was. When we found him we saw that he was fighting off the dark eyed woman. Everybody started to rush towards them.
"Wait," I screamed. "She's an Awoken! Griffin shot her earlier and she healed her self."
"How will we take her down then," Sabrina asked with an exhausted look on her face. "Aaaahhh!"
Griffin hissed in pain as the woman's blade sliced across the front of his shoulder. He kept fighting. I held my knives up ready to attack her again ,until Sabrina grabbed my shoulder.
"I know I said we can't kill her but we must at least try and help Griffin," I demanded pulling away from her grip. I charged at the woman. I plunged my blade into her side but to no avail. She pulled the knife out and her wound healed. I tightened my grip on my other knife and raised it up. When she saw me do this she kicked with extreme precision knocking if out of my hand to my right.
She twirled my blade in her hand and then tossed it to her left. I watched as it fell to the ground with a loud clank. "How adorable you think you can defeat me," she chuckled. She walked closer to me. I held my ground, not moving from where I stood. Her eyes stared into mine.
She raised her own blade up to my face. "You think you're  brave don't you?" The blade whipped across my right cheek. I clenched my teeth.
      "Leave her alone!" Olivia screeched running in our direction. Olivia then jumped into the air and disappeared. She reappeared behind the enemy and drove her into her ribs. The others began to fight her as well. They attacked from every side. She was overwhelmed.
     I knew I could go grab my blades but what good would they do me. I was growing even more tired. The smell of blood and sweat burned into my nose. I wanted to run away ,but everyone would think I was a coward. Even worse I would be all alone.
      I jogged over to where one of my knives was thrown. I picked it up and rushed to where we were fighting. Everyone was surrounding her but she was still too strong for us. Jack was throwing small balls of fire at her. Olivia teleported everywhere around her slicing at her skin every chance she got. Trey shape-shifted into different animals to fight as. Sabrina was fighting but then stepped back slowly.
      She held her head out in the direction of the woman. She seemed to be focusing very hard on her. "I know your name," Sabrina spoke boldly. "You are Maeghan. You act tough but you are not. You are really scared." Everything stopped and the Maeghan furiously stared at Sabrina. Something bad was going to happen to Sabrina if somebody didn't do something.

I want the next chapter to be in someone else's point of view if you have any suggestions please comment them.
Thanks and love y'all🖤~ Emmagirl18