chapter 28

A few weeks have passed and Cory and the rest of the guys are helping me get all my things out of my apartment. 

Initially I moved in with Cory but none of my things went with me except for my clothes, mainly because I’m a lazy ass and didn’t feel like it. However, Cory and the guys were giving up playing their Saturday basketball to help me get my things together. 

I guess I should bring you up to speed while I wait for the guys to get here. Becca is in the living room labeling some boxes for me. And I’m in my bedroom right now. There’s a reason why the other girls are not here, Stephanie and Jenna both decided to go back to school, so that’s where they are. And Dianna, she moved earlier than expected. 

When Robert left back to New York, since his job called him back earlier, she waited about a week and decided she didn’t want to wait another month so a week after my birthday party she broke the news to me. I wasn’t happy but I realized that Robert makes her happy and so how could I not support her? 

“Alright girls let’s get this show on the road!” I hear Mark yell from the living room. I walk in just in time to see him swoop Becca in his arms; it’s funny to see her finally start to show a little. She looks adorable. 

“Hey sexy.” Cory comes up from behind me and I hear that familiar rumble in my ear. It sends shivers down my spine. 

“Hey yourself.” I smile and he kisses my temple before walking past me to give Becca a hug and then he leans over and gives her belly a rub. How cute is that?! I still feel a tinge of jealousy that Cory does that to her…it’s like what will he do to me if he uses it all up on Becca? I know that sounds so ridiculous but again the evil jealousy monster is rearing its ugly head. I still feel like nothing I share with Cory or that I will share with him is just for us. I mean…oh hell I don’t know anymore. 

“Lea you want to come over here and tell me what you want from the bedroom?” Cory says looking slightly irritated that I’m not paying attention to him. I’ve been doing that a lot lately and well that’s because I’m preoccupied. 

I have his birthday coming up in a few weeks and I have been busting my ass to make everything perfect, and it’s not working. 

“Yes, I’m sorry Cory. I just have a lot on my mind.” 

“It’s okay Lea, but just don’t forget about me.” He smiles and slaps my ass as I walk by him to cross the room. 

“Cory you are so bad.” 

“Lea you haven’t seen bad, but later I promise you will.” He says to me and I get chills just thinking about it. We haven’t had a chance to be together in almost a week…I know a whole fucking week! I’m surprised I’m not dead yet. He’s just been really busy on a case and he doesn’t get home until really late and by that time I know he’s ready to go but I feel guilty because he has to get up so early to go to work. And me…well I’m still jobless. I’m trying but all my experience has to do with the nursing field and I don’t want to do that anymore. 

“You two want to stop the sex talk and get a moving on this? Becca and I are having dinner at her mom’s tonight and I don’t want to be late. I mean I’m just getting in Amy Tobin's good graces after telling her about Becca's pregnancy.” Mark says taking the box out of Cory's hands and walking into the living room. 

“Let’s go Cory, I just need these boxes here and then the rest of the stuff in the living room.” He nods and begins picking up the boxes. 

Two hours later we are back at Cory's and he’s just taking my stuff upstairs to one of the empty rooms, he wanted to help me go through it but I told him that I could do it since I didn’t have anything else to do during the day.