chapter 9

“I’m hungry.” He says as we lie on the floor of his living room. I still haven’t gotten dressed and I really should. I’m such a bum. 

“I would make you something but I might blow up your kitchen.” I must be on a roll today or something because he’s laughing hysterically at me. 

“Lea Michele what am I going to do with you?” He pushes my hair back away from my face. 

“I don’t know but I hope it involves keeping me forever.” The words slip from my mouth before I have a chance to even think about them. 

He rolls over and pulls me on top of him, “so you want me to keep you forever?” He smiles and places a kiss on the tip of nose. How cute is that? 

“Yes.” I answer him honestly. 

“I’ll see what I can do about that Ms. Michele. Right now I don’t plan on letting you go. In fact!” He pulls me up to my feet and pushes my hair over my shoulders. 

“What?” I eye him suspiciously. 

“I want you to meet my friends.” He smiles brightly and walks over to the telephone. No! They can’t meet me. I mean his friends will probably be like, ‘man what the hell are you thinking?’ That’s a bad thing. I mean what if they don’t like me, or my witty sense of humor? It could be the demise of our relationship. 

Relationship? Okay that is not what this is right? I mean it can’t be it’s only been three days; you can’t possibly form a relationship in a matter of days…can you? Oh see I’m all fucked up in the head again. Why do I put myself into these situations? It’s just crazy and I’m not making any kind of sense at all. 

I mean…shit! 

“Alright man I’ll see you guys in about two hours.” He just hung up the phone! No! No! I’m crying inside I truly am, you can’t see it but it’s happening. Now what do I do? 

“Lea? Are you okay?” Now why would he ask me a question like that? Probably because I’m as pale as Casper the friendly ghost right now. 

“I…I’m okay. So they’ll be here in two hours?” I ask swallowing thickly. 

“Yes, so why don’t you call some of your friends and have them head over, or you can go pick them up, you’re choice.” Okay did he not see that I have a two door Toyota Celica? There is no way more than four people will fit in there, very tightly I might add. 
“I’ll just call them and they can meet me here I guess, but that won’t work cause I have to change. And are we going swimming or anything? Cause I don’t have a bathing suit either. And well they won’t fit in my car, but you already know that cause you already saw it and…” 

“Lea would you just stop and breathe for a second?” He grabs me by my shoulders willing me to look at him. 

“I’m breathing…I think.” He chuckles a little and I have to say I love it when he laughs, or smiles…oh fuck it I love it when he breaths…that’s enough for me to get weak in the knees. 

“Good, I thought I lost you there. Now take my truck and pick up your friends.” Could this man get any sweeter? 

“You trust me with your truck? I mean I’ve never driven one before. I am kind of short Cory, what if I don’t reach the pedals?” He tries to hold in his laughter. 

“Cory stop laughing at me! I’m not that funny.” I stomp my foot and cross my arms in front of my chest. 

“Y-yes you are Lea, you have no idea. I wonder what goes on in your head sometimes I bet it’s hilarious.” Oh you have no idea how corrupted my mind is. Focus Lea, focus!