chapter 23

Cory needed to head to work this morning and he looked so good. It’s the first time I saw him in a suit and tie, yummy as hell I tell you! 

Anyway, after he changed the tire on my car yesterday he brought it back to his place and told me to just drive his truck until he had a chance to let Chord take a look at it. Oh I forgot to tell you, remember that blonde girl I saw him come home with a few weeks ago? Well turns out she’s Chord's fiancée and she was planning his birthday party, so I was wrong…again! 

I’m on my way home right now, I need to change and stop by my parent’s house to talk to my mother. I have to bring her up to speed as well as Jon. After that I’m meeting Cory for lunch, he gave me directions to his job which is apparently only about ten minutes from his parents house. I of course was too nervous the night I went there so he had to give me the directions over and over again. He must think I’m dense. 

I pull up to my apartment and to be honest I don’t feel entirely comfortable parking this thing in front, I don’t have the friendliest neighbors but I have no choice right now. I’ll just change quickly and head to my parents place. 

I’m just blow-drying my hair when the phone rings on my nightstand. I run to get it and trip over my damn shoes and knock my head right into the side of the table. Damn that shit hurts! 

“Hello?” 

“Why aren’t you at work?” Does he keep tabs on me or what? 

“Jon, where are you?” 

“Don’t change the subject.” 

“I’m not, look I’m headed over mom and dad’s in a few minutes can you meet me there?” 

“Sure, are you going to explain once you get there?” 

“Yes.” I click the phone off before he has a chance to grill me even further. Let me breathe dude! 

I get to my parents place about a half hour later. I needed to make sure I looked good for Cory. I’m wearing a pair of khaki pants with a white cotton tank top and matching cotton jacket, I decided to pull my hair back into a high ponytail. Nothing fancy just something different. 

“Hi mom!” I enter the kitchen where my mom is making who the hell knows what. This woman never stops cooking. I should have paid attention more when I had the chance. 

“Lea honey how are you?” I walk over to her, wrap my arms around her and give her a kiss on the cheek. 

“I’m great mom!” I say hopping up on the counter behind her and she swings around to see exactly what the hell I’m talking about. 

“Cory?” 

“Yes! Mom we talked, well actually he talked and then I talked and then we made up.” I say practically bouncing off the walls at this point! Boy did we make up…but she doesn’t need to know that. 

“Lea?” 

“Yeah ma?” 

“Honey are you and Cory…you know.” Oh God! She is not asking me about sleeping with Cory is she? 

“What mom?” I ask innocently maybe she’ll just drop it. 

“Are you having sex with him Lea?” You can’t see this but I was eating a carrot stick and it just fell to the floor because my mouth is hanging out right now. 

“I…we…mom do we have to talk about this?” I whine sliding down from the counter. Why does everyone try and steal my joy? My fifteen minutes of laughter and love and…well you get the fucking point.