Chapter 1

Sitting on the bench, Wonwoo stared at the 'incident' that happened repeatedly in front of him near a big tree. A girl, soaked in blood screaming for help while brutally being stabbed by someone countless times. The scream felt really far away even though it just a few meters from Wonwoo. That someone, he assumed as a man ran away after he was satisfied with the girl. The girl laid on the ground lifelessly and the 'incident' rewind from the beginning where she's being stabbed again. There's no emotion in Wonwoo's eyes as he witnessed the horror that happened. He already knew from the start that the girl wanted to show him how she died. Yesterday, while he was waiting for his mother to pick him up after school, he witnessed a small boy getting hit by a car, multiple times. The boy was holding a yellow balloon when he crossed the road without looking at both sides first and a black car hit him and ran away.

That's what he had been through almost every day for the past eight years. The 'things' would show to him how 'they' died but 'they' never said anything to Wonwoo. Wonwoo on the other hand also didn't know why he had to witness all that. It's not like he could do anything. One thing for sure that as long as the 'things' didn't talk to him, he's fine with it.

Packing his empty lunch box, he stood up from the bench and heading to his class. He thought he had enough of the 'entertainment' during the lunch. Walking along the corridor, other students were avoiding him but he didn't care at all. Even though they were pointing at him while murmuring something. They didn't know Wonwoo's secret. They just figured out that Wonwoo is kinda weird because he always alone, he never smiled at anyone and he didn't talk much so they just stayed away from him.

Wonwoo wanted to keep it that way because he didn't want the same mistake to happen again. When he discovered the 'gift', he literally wandered around telling people that he saw 'hideous man' every time he saw the 'things'. After that, people started to call him a liar, weird, attention seeker, and many more. He lost all his childhood friends because their parents didn't want their children to be friends with someone weird and a liar. And he learned the lesson life gave to him. He learned to act normal like he didn't have that 'ability' after that mistake.

At the age of 15, his family moved with the excuse of wanted to start a new life. They told Wonwoo to keep his secret and he agreed because he knew it's for his own good. And indeed, fate was on their side after that. For now.

Arriving at the class, Wonwoo stood in front of the entrance. His eyes caught something at the back of the class. That 'things'. Big, tall, fat, hairy, with a body darker than the color black and a big smoke as dark as night. Eyes as red as blood along with two long yellowish fangs hanging both sides of the mouth. The 'thing' could sense Wonwoo.

When Wonwoo's right foot stepped into the class, the 'things' exited the class by literally jumping through the window and vanished. There were always the same questions passing through his mind. Why they always like that? Why they never come near me? One more interesting fact, every time Wonwoo stand in front of a mirror, unlike the 'things', he had white smoke instead of black around his body. As white as milk. Really big and glowing. And the smoke getting bigger and bigger every 13th day after his birthday.

He took his seat at the back of the class, third last row. Beside him was his deskmate, Seokmin, someone with the opposite personality of Wonwoo. They smile at each other like the usual greeting and Wonwoo took out the book for the next lesson.

"Wonwoo, where are you always hang out during lunch because I never see you at the cafeteria?" Seokmin asked, wanted to start a conversation with the latter.

"There is a garden at the back near a big tree." Wonwoo replied with a small smile. Seokmin mouthed an 'o' and looked at the whiteboard.

A few seconds later, he turned back facing Wonwoo with a shocked face. Wonwoo also looked at him but with a confused face.