23. The Beginning Of A Million Heartbreaks

Nafrat ho jayegi tujhe khudse,
Agar tere hee andaaz mein hum tujhse baat karein.

You'll start hating yourself when I start talking to you just the way you do.

If only existing was a cake walk. If only you could erase all mistakes, all bad memories, all unwanted feelings. If only you could mend what's broken-all broken hearts, all broken souls, all broken relations, broken trust, broken friendships. If only you could heal all scars, all nightmares, all wounds. If only you could take back words. If only you could undo everything. If only you could feel better when you wake up the next morning.

Unfortunately all 'if onlys' are illusions and 'what ifs' are nightmares.

Shakespeare once wrote, 'All world's a stage and all men and women merely players;'
He rightly said that all of us are here to play the roles provided to us, all of us with our own agendas and missions. We were all merely puppets of God. Sometimes, we take ourselves aback by our own doings. Sometimes, we don't have any explanation of our own decisions and actions.

What Nia did was an impulsive reaction to Vihaan's insensitive action. You can't really blame her. All her life she was protected from the world by her family. She didn't have to face any trouble, and didn't have to ask for something for a second time if she liked it. Life was always a fairy tale for her, everything was so easy and dreamy for her. Alas! All fairy tales are just tales and not reality.

The girl who had only seen love and comfort all her life was finally left to deal all the harshness and reality of this world-a world so dark and loveless, a world so cold and heartless.

But this doesn't mean that she could hurt anyone and everyone. She had no right to hurt the family that treated her like a princess, again and again. She was lucky that they all had given her so many chances, that they had pushed back all the hurt, just for her.

As the sun rose from the horizon, lighting the whole world up, it failed to brighten the whole Kapoor mansion because something was off with the youngsters, the elders only had a vague idea but they were confused having no idea about yesterday's events.

Nandini was in the kitchen, surprisingly doing absolutely nothing, because she was just leaning against the counter top and staring at the floor. She wanted to be alone for a moment and the only place she could find that satisfaction of being alone was the kitchen and hence, after finishing her work, she was just standing and staring into oblivion. She got startled when her phone rung showing a notification. Normally in a situation as such, she'd have ignored it but then it was her Bhai. How could she ignore him?

*Tell me something. How come you guys released a teaser and that too of 'Zindagi'?I mean that song was literally your heart put into words. I thought you guys were going to release all the songs together. That's what Advik told me.*

She sighed as she read his text but she was in no mood to type the whole story so hurriedly typed a short text for him.

*Long story. In short, it's just a remedial step to hide Nia's mistake. Will let you know the whole of it when you come back in the evening. See you soon.*

*Take care my babydoll. I'll be there for you shortly.*

Nandini smiled and held her phone close to her heart. Her brother is an angel in disguise. He was that one person Nandini could challenge would stay on by her side until the end of time. She sighed and was about to walk out when she encountered that one person she didn't want to early in the morning. She tried stepping past but a hand stopped her.

"Angel please listen....."

Nandini: Don't Nia. Just don't. Please.

Nandini immediately refrained her from speaking further because honestly she was tired of Nia's shit.