GENJUTSU TRAINING!

HEEYY!!

FORGIVE ME THY READERS! T-T

You know... I never did tell y'all the results from the Naruto Wattys. .-.

Anyway~!

Results at the end! :D

NOW ON WITH THE THING!

~:-:-:-:~

      ‡Chapter Eleven‡

★GENJUTSU TRAINING!★

Kakashi and I were waiting silently on the grand field. Kurenai-sensei had other students to attend at the moment, other "rookies" as this place called them. Imai-sensei was currently engrossed in that trashy novel of his, honestly, I already had a pervy uncle. Now this?

I sighed and shoved some of my hair behind my ears. I tricked this idiot into thinking our meeting time was much earlier, so he would be on time for once. I'm hoping Kurenai-sensei caught on when this pervert went to confirm the time.

A cloud blocked the blistering sun for a while, giving us some shade. And I regretted the sweater and dark pants I wore. Kakashi finally got around to buying me new clothes... or... er... him just providing money and supervising while I went off to get whatever.

I opted for this sweater. It had blue sleeves that matched the color of my pants, which was the shade of blue Kakashi normally carried. On my shoulders, it harbored the weird squiggly red symbol. The rest of the sweater was a soft beige and I arranged my weapons pouch on my legs blah blah blah, you get the picture.

(Literally. I drew Kenji. Pencil paper dude. She's on the side ->)

"Hmm, she's not here." I heard Hatake indolently remark, I wanted to applaud for his great observational skills. They were astonishing. (Note my sarcasm.)

"No shit Sherlock," I muttered while crossing my arms. Seriously, his mere presence irritated me. Maybe it was the way he casually held himself and was constantly aloof. Though, was a deadly opponent when confronted. It ticked me off. Because I could only dream to be like that.

I acted dangerous, but I'm not. Not here anyway. When I was seemingly distracted, I was. When I was watching for trouble, it was obvious. I wasn't an entirely good actress. (I was only good if I wanted to be.) But that was never a problem back home, no, never.

But this world, the "ninja" world as I was informed, relied on that fact to live. The idea of that strategy was absolutely ridiculous to me at first, but when we went to the waves, I finally understood.

We stared death in the face, and had to fight it head on. Literally. I think that was a rude wake-up call for me. This world wasn't safe, my home wasn't either, but not in this sense. The only time my home wouldn't be safe was if you walked down that path, and we raised our kids to avoid it.

Whereas Konoha practically threw their children into it, in a way, it was cruel. That adults knew what the children were walking into, and yet, casually continued on. That death, misery, and danger was what little preteen brats should be subjected to.

I guess, call this my dirty little secret, you could say I liked it, however twisted it seemed. But, I blamed that on my past "sensei," Verity.*

I never found out anything about her, I only recieved an alias. But it fit her well, Verity meant truth. She was an "interrogator" for the Inagawa. No one knew how, but she could always tell when someone was lying once you stepped into her office. She would briefly spin in her chair and then, she could tell truth from lies. It was incredible.