Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

He shooked hus head, scrunching his face. "Nope. Of course she was skeptical at first but I told her that your friends made sure you were okay." He said, playing with my fingers.

My eyebrows crossed. "My friends? How about you?"

Axel shrugged. "I was busy making sure that the person who hurt you couldn't walk for a whole month." He said.

My eyes opened at the revelation. "What the hell, Axel! How could you do that?!" I exclaimed.

Yes, Carlos might've punched me in the face but it was not his fault. I was the one who threw myself into the scene, I deserved it. Carlos didn't know that I was going to interfere, he had no clue that I was going to jump in and push Tyler. I'm sure, despite his attitude, he wouldn't hurt just anybody. But even when I'm wrong, the decision was still mine, not his.

He shifted his body. "What did you expect me to do, Violet? He punched you on the face! I couldn't just let that pass." He said.

"But he didn't know! I was the one who got myself in trouble! He wouldn't have hurt me if he knew he was going to hit a girl." I rebutted, standing up and looking down at him.

He shook his head side to side and rolled his eyes. "You don't know that. You don't even know him." He said.

"And you do?" I exclaimed. "The point is, I don't want you hurting anybody because of me or anyone else. That won't change anything. It will, however, show them that you're bad. And I don't want them to have that mind set! I don't want you to get in trouble because of me, Axel." I said, positioning my arms into a cross while he looks at me quietly.

He clenched his jaw as if he was about to say something but he stopped. Instead, he pulled me close to him and hugged me. "Whatever you say, I'll do it." He said.

"Promise me, Axel. Please." I said, sincerely.

He nodded. "I promise."

We stayed there for a minute, just in each other's comfort.

After a while, we decided to get out of the room and head out. I thanked Kristina for taking care of me for the night and gave her the food that Axel supposedly bought for me.

Now we're on his motorcycle, heading towards an unknown part of town--- not too far but almost. We stopped in front of a small cabin-like house that seemed like it came out of a horror film. The door looked squeaky and weak, the windows were dirty, and the floors looked worn. Around the house were little wild flowers of different shapes and colors and they all looked beautiful. Better than roses and tulips. "Are you going to kill me here?" I joked.

He chuckled. "No. I have another place for that."

I turned to him and eyed him for what he said to which he laughed.

"Come." He said, sliding his hand to mine and pulling me towards the house.

I looked at the porch in wonder. It was still beautiful despite the look of the house. There was a little rocking chair that stood right beside the door and a wilted flower that was placed on top of it. "Who lives here?" I asked.

Axel opened the door with the key that he got from out of nowhere. "It was my mother's." He said. He pushed the door and revealed the well decorated interior. This probably is the epitome of the quote, "Don't judge a book by its cover"because it was very different from what it looked like inside.

The walls were painted white and was decorated by little black birds that seemed to fly around the house. There was not much of furnitures around but there was a couch that looked out to the windows and the windows showcased the beautiful scenery that was the woods. It was almost winter and the leaves have turned orange and red and yellow which was quite a sight. To my left was the spiral staircase that went up and beside that was a table that had two picture frames.