| two |

The guard came back after an hour and passed her a piece of paper with her brother's phone number on it

The guard came back after an hour and passed her a piece of paper with her brother's phone number on it. She didn't want to know how it did it, choosing rather to awkwardly dial the phone number, still unused to how the modern technology worked. "Go and get me some clothing," she ordered the guard as the phone rang.

"Hello?" Elijah's calm voice spoke over the speaker. Automatically, tears formed in Rebekah's eyes and she sniffled.

"Elijah," she croaked, a lump forming in her throat as she held back tears.

"Rebekah?" He asked incredulously. "Where are you? How are you awake?" He fired off questions quickly.

"The dagger fell out, Elijah. I do not know where Nik is. Please, tell me where you are." She pleaded, knowing how insane her story sounded.

"Rebekah, how is that possible?" He asked. "I will come and get you."

"No!" Rebekah was quick to disagree. "He will smell your scent over this place, I need to leave right now. Tell me where you are." She spoke, her hands beginning to shake.

"Washington state, I'm at a hotel. How will you get here?" He asked.

"I have acquired one of Nik's guards, he will escort me." Both of them knew what she meant by acquired.

Elijah was quick to give her the address of the hotel he was staying in. Hanging up, she sighed and rubbed her eyes. The makeup that she wore smudged and ran down her face as tears she didn't know she was crying fell.

The guard came back not long after that, giving her some clothes. Rebakah was still startled that women wearing pants, or jeans as the guard called them, was so common now days, but she put them on anyway. Quickly tying up the shoes known as converse, Rebekah couldn't help but relish in how comfortable the modern clothing was. Though, she felt that this was fairly bare compared to what everyone was really wearing, considering that the guard who picked it out was a male and in a rush.

Tightening the jacket around her, she ordered the guard to drive her to Elijah's hotel, not before grabbing the dagger that once resided in her chest and gripping it tightly.

It took three days of straight driving to get to her brother's hotel. The guard said that they were in Seattle. Elijah was waiting outside the hotel for her, pulling her into a tight hug as soon as she was close enough. He had wanted to go and pick her up, to retrieve not just her but all of their siblings too, but he knew that, if what Rebekah said was true, she needed him more than he needed to rescue their siblings, especially now that he knew they weren't buried at sea.

"Are you okay?" Elijah asked his sister. She looked like a mess. The clothing she wore didn't suit her, her makeup was smudged, and her hair looked as though she had pulled it out of some extravagant style and thrown it up into a pony tail quickly. The girl standing before him was not the sister he knew.

"I am fine, there is just so much to take in." Rebekah said before sighing. "I cannot stay with you long, Elijah. I have decided that I cannot deal with anymore vampires. I want to move to some small, boring town in the middle of no where and I want to spend some time for myself. As soon as Niklaus realises that I woke up, he will come to try and put the dagger in my chest again." She pulled out the dagger she had been hiding in her sleeve and gripped it tightly.

"I understand, sister." Elijah said, and he really did. Every now and then he wished for nothing more than some normalcy. "I can find you somewhere to stay, enrol you into a high school, and get you all the blood you need. I just need you to promise me that you will not cut off all contact with me." Elijah had missed all of his siblings dearly, especially his sister. He didn't know what he would do if she didn't want him in her life, especially after finding her again - or, well, she found him.

"I could never cut you off, Elijah." With that, the two siblings and the guard walked into the hotel, ready to find a new home and hiding place for the only original sister.