Her tone almost sounds like she's a nice girly girl but the worlds have deeper meaning.

"Kayla, that's my sister, so give her some respect." Ethan speaks up, "If you want to sit there you could have just asked to swap."

"You know that's Caleb's decision." The other girl next to Kayla utters, "And it's stayed empty by choice for a while now which just makes your sister a little more interesting."

"She'll be gone by tomorrow." Paulette announces, "No way Caleb's going to let her stay there, she won't last the semester."

I want to remind her that I'm right here and so is this Caleb guy, they could just ask him what's going on but somehow I don't think they'll get a straight answer.

"She better," Kayla notes, "You hear me Caleb."

"I'm sure he'll keep her just to prove a point." The boy next to Jude states, "I'm Quinton by the way and you're cute, so if Caleb does ditch you, you know where to find me."

I can't tell if this guy is serious or not but he seems like he does this often.

We continued the lunch in awkward silence and I kept staring at Caleb through the corner of my eye.

It's always the mysterious ones that get me.

Finn used to stare me down so no one else could talk to me at any party, when one day I confronted him and he just stayed quiet and watched me before the smirk grew on his face and he proclaimed I was his.

That possessive shit was such a turn on then, till I realised what it meant to him.

"What do you have next, Gi?" Ethan asks from the other side of the table.

"Biology,"

"With Mr Haverish?" Jude asks and I nod in response, "Vivian and I will take you," he nods to the girl that's not Paulette with the brown hair and I look at Ethan who shrugs his shoulders

"Alright."

They all get up as if they had an indication that it's time to move and I look at Caleb once more, I should probably thank him for letting me sit I guess but he doesn't look like he wants to talk and if prison taught me one thing, if someone looks like they don't want to talk, they don't.

"Come back tomorrow," He mutters to me, loud enough so only I can hear and I look at him in the eyes this time, now its my turn to wonder what he's playing at.

its clear I do not belong here and I'm really not in the mood to be petty, "I think I'll skip,"

"I wasn't asking," Was his response

"And I don't care,"

He stays silent for a little while longer, "The seat is yours, come anytime you want to." he then gets up and leaves with Quinton and I'm left even more confused, why me?

Jude and Vivian were waiting for me and Jude has this little smirk on his face almost like he knew what Caleb said and he turned to Vivian, "Better tell your leader she has competition."

Vivian rolled her eyes, "She's Paulette's leader, not mine." she then turns to start walking and I follow her with Jude in tow.

"So is it true you slept with your teacher?" Jude questions and I shake my head, "How about the one where you got kicked out a private boarding school for setting it on fire?"

I nearly let out a laugh, how ridiculous is that, "Where did people get these from?" I've only been here a few hours

"There must be a reason you came here late," Vivian states, "And since you don't want to tell us, someone will figure out your secret, really you should own up to it instead of hiding it."

I'm really not hiding anything but even if I was, it's none of their business. whatever system they have here does not affect me, I'm here for my education and that's it.

*

Whilst waiting for my brother to finish his extremely long goodbye to his girlfriend who was acting like he's going to war, I couldn't help think about what the hell happened today.

It's been one day and apparently I'm next to be on the hierarchy, 'my position is still to be confirmed'.

Whatever rubbish my brother got himself in, I hope it's nothing like the gangs back in prison 

He finally finished and jumped into the car with a little grin on his face, pig.

I rolled my eyes and got into the passenger seat, "You know you don't have to kiss like that for everyone to know you're together."

He shrugs his shoulders, "She was giving and I'm not one to refuse,"

We sat in silence for a while before he looked at me and asked what I thought of Caleb.

"He didn't talk long enough to get an impression on him." He laughs as if it was funny or just something he expects me to say

"He's actually a great guy once you get to know him."

"Which I will not be doing."

Ethan frowned, "Really? The old Regina cared about popularity, being with Caleb is a shoe in to popularity,"

"Popularity isn't everything," I remind him, "None of those people who claimed they were my friends visited when I was in prison." I utter

He went silent again, "Did you wish I visited more often?"

"Sometimes but I told you not to." I reply honestly, "I'm glad you weren't there to see what I'd become."

"What you'd become?"

"New Regina.