Naps

Just a short one to get back into writing again and to fill the gaps of Uni work.
I've gone from non-stop working to having nothing to do due to assessment week and my weird yet annoying need to be about 5 steps ahead of the class. While it might be helpful, it also can be annoying as once you've finished doing everything, you suddenly feel like you need to be doing something and that there is always something your missing and not doing...

Anyway, enough rambling... Enjoy!

Nap time...

Something kids your age need, but often refuse to do. However, even on those odd days when you actually wanted one... you couldn't.

Apparently it's practically impossible for you to take naps. And today is no exception. At about 2 in the afternoon, with a frustrated sigh, and sniff to help fight tears of annoyance, you throw back the covers and begin make your way out of your room.

"Hey, what's wrong (y/n)? Still can't sleep?" Connor looks up from the book he was reading to see you, standing in the hallway, with blanket in one hand and teddy in the other as you rubbed furiously away the stray tears.
"I-I tried, but I just caaaan't! *sniff* I'm so tired Con-Con!" The flow of tears wouldn't stop now, and Connor wasted no time in putting the book down and opening his arms as you ran into his embrace.
"I know sweetie." Connor cooed as he hoisted you up onto his lap and held you closely to his chest, gently running a hand through your hair.

About a minute later, you had calmed down to only sniffles. A large yawn shuddered through your body, accompanied with an annoyed whine from you, which then prompted a concerned whine from Sumo. With a glance towards Sumo, Connor then positioned himself so you could comfortably lie on his chest before inviting Sumo over to lie with the two of you on the Sofa.
"Are you comfy (y/n)?" Connor only gets a sleepy nod from you in return. He then carefully picks the book he was reading back up and opens it to where he left off. When he notices you straining your eyes to try and read it aswell, the android suddenly gets an idea.
"Want me to read it aloud?" He gently whispers.
"Yes please." Thanks to Connors slightly more sensitive hearing, he picked up on your answer and so proceeded to continue reading his murder mystery novel, this time at a volume not too loud, but loud enough so you could understand what he was saying. You didn't seem to really care that you had missed a third of it, but since it was a book from Hank's collection, he assumed you must have read it before the android began to stay with you.

Approximately an hour later Hank walks through the door and is met by silence. He was about to call out to Connor, but luckily he stopped himself just in time. There you were, finally asleep on Connor's chest as he read his book silently to himself, he stopped reading aloud not to long after he realised you had fallen asleep. Sumo was also curled up on the sofa on top of Connor's legs, and with closer inspection, Hank could spy that one paw was being gently held by your own hand. Carefully Hank slides his coat of his shoulders, hangs it up, and then glides over to the three of you.
"Good boy, Sumo." Hank gently scratches the big dog behind the ears, who gives a huff in return. Hank then reaches up to playfully ruffle Connor's hair as well.
"Good boy, Connor." The referred deviant looks up from his book to Hank and gives him a warm smile.
"I would have greeted you as you came through the door Lieutenant, but I didn't want to risk waking them up." Both Connor and Hank look back down to you sleeping soundly, emitting the lightest of snores. Connor continued to address Hank as his gazes returns to the book in his hands.
"They came out of the room a bit frustrated, had a small cry and then I read to them until the finally fell asleep. I have a feeling the crying tired them out even more, but I would like to read to them like this again to see if this is what also helped."
"Sounds like a plan." Hank replied, making his way to the kitchen, happy you had finally been able to take a nap.

And so the next day, instead putting you to bed, Connor laid down on the sofa with you curled up in his arms as he continued the book again. Within 10 minutes you had drifted off to sleep like you did the previous day, but this time no crying was involved.

And thus anytime you couldn't nap in bed, Connor happily gave up a few hours of his time to give you the rest you needed.

A/N

OK

So this was real short and probably nowhere near as good as my other fics in this book, but I really wanted to write something and I had planned for this to be a short fic anyway.

Hopefully this will suffice for a little while until I get time to begin writing another again.

I have a few drafts to complete on my BNHA book and I also have plans to start a RWBY book as well so look forward to that!

Thank you to all those sticking with this book. I know updates are slow now, but Uni takes priority.