“What are these?” The skirt looked like a shorted version of Precious's skirt, and the shirt was the same length as her old one but this one looked new.

“Those are your clothes. The skirt was falling, so I patched it up, but then I got a little carried away with everything else, sorry. Are you mad?” Precious asked. Now she was giving her the cautious expression Acci understood.

She wasn't. Though it was the same bland color, it looked fantastic, but her amazement quickly turned to confusion then suspicion. Why'd she do this? I didn't do anythin for her. She shook the clothes vigorously, looking for spikes, thorns, hidden messages or items, anything that would explain her seeming to help her for free.

“Why'd you do dis? I'm not doin anythin foe you. I'm keepin it,” Acci said, believing she squashed any deals Precious was trying to drag her into.

“That's fine. I don't want anything from you,” Precious said.

“Dat makes no sense. Stop lyin.” She said, putting her hand on the sides of the shirt and lifting it over her head. Throwing the shirt to the side and put on her boots and new clothes that fit her nicely.

“Can you at least warn us before you change?” Precious removed her hand from a confused Jameson's eyes. “And I wasn't lying. Why are you so-”

Mrs. Mary put her hand on her hand, and Precious took a deep breath.

“What are you gonna say? Forget it. I'm goin out. By the way, where's the Pearlie girl.”

“Angeline? She's in the other room. Precious wanted her to try on some clothes, but she has been in there for a long time. Angeline! Are you alright?”Mrs. Mary asked.

Angeline came out from the room, holding clothes in her arm. “I am sorry. I did not want to interrupt your conversation.”

“That's fine. Did the clothes fit you?” Mrs. Mary asked.

“They did. Thank you for making them for me, Precious.” Angeline put the clothes on the mat and approached the table. She did not look as impressed about Precious's work as Acci was and Acci wondered if Precious was being truthful about giving the clothes for free, quickly dismissed it. Everyone had a price, and she needed to figure out what it was.

“I'm glad you like it. That was just sitting in my closet-”

Then they heard a knock from the door. “Mrs. Mary. It's Cryer.” said Cryer's voice. Mrs. Mary got up and opened the door. “Cryer. Twice in one week. You must have a lot of free time on your hands.”

“Yeah. I'm wanted to if the girls didn't mind meeting some of my friends. They said that they hadn't gotten to meet them since they arrived. Oh... hi Prec.” He waved weakly to Precious and Jameson.

“Hi Cry! Where's that stone you said get me last week?” Jameson said

“Hey Cryer. Oh yeah. You do owe him that stone,” she laughed. Cryer started looking down at his fingers.

“I'll bring it next time I'm around your house. Angeline, do you want to come? Acci, you can come too if you want to.” His voice trailed off.

“Sure. I would not mind going with you,” Angeline said.

“Don't have anythin betta to do. This betta not be boring.” Acci shoved him away the door and walked out the door. Angeline and Cryer followed behind. They said goodbye to them, but she kept walking along. She hoped that whoever Cryer was talking about would be a better match for her than Precious or Cryer. From her observation, Angeline was eager to please and would do anything to keep anyone from being mad at, so Acci could control her until someone better came along.