It's About Time

Abi felt a lurch as the other spacecraft locked onto hers. The female voice rang in again this time it was sweet and calming, almost like a mother when speaking to their child. "You're going to be okay." it said "That was a real beating your ship took, hopefully you're okay." Abi was still shaken from the event, and was still unsure of what to do. Then the owner of the voice entered her ship. She was all purple, but not fluffy like the other guy. She had 2 pinkish triangle shapes going up her face. Her hair was short with a long piece hanging down, she was wearing armor that was many shades of grey. Her outfit also had orange shoulder pads and what looked similar to a belt. It had pinkish glowing lines on her chest, and a blade clipped to her side.
        Abi sat there still obviously in shock. "Hello fellow Blade." Said the female. At that Abi snapped out of it. "H-hi." Abi said. Abi got up from her seat "I'm Abi." She said, realizing she had just complicated the task she had wanted to for years! "Hello Abi I'm Krolia, you're okay I hope." "Oh yes, I'm fantastic!" Abi said she was nearly jumping up and down with excitement. Just then Abi realized that Krolia had called her a fellow Blade, but she wasn't one, not yet. "What's wrong?" Krolia asked when Abi's expression changed. "Oh, well, I was just thinking about how you called me a Blade-well Umm-I'm not really a Blade." She chuckled nervously.
           "What do you mean you're not a Blade? How did you get your hands on that code?" Krolia asked, still quite gentle. Abi didn't know how to reply, she needed something to refer to. She pulled out her mother's knife from her bag, "I'm not a Blade, but my mother was." Abi held up the knife for Krolia to see. Krolia's eyes went wide when she saw the blade. "I remember your mother, she was the bravest person I knew, one of my good friends, if I had only known she had a daughter..." Krolia trailed off then ran up to hug Abi. "I'm sorry my dear. How long did she have with you, how much did she teach you?" Abi could feel the tears coming "I never saw her. I never got taught anything all she left me was this knife and a letter." The tears escaped her eyes and she burrowed her face into Krolia's chest.
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=.     
        They were flying back to base in Krolia's ship. "If I had known Dalia had had a daughter I would have taken you in." She looked at Abi compassionately, 'I had to leave my son too.' "I'm glad you found me now though." Abi replied. "My son is at the base now he really should be with Voltron but he is helping us with an important mission right now." She smiled. "Thank you." Abi smiled back.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~.            
       Krolia got out and motioned for Abi to follow. Abi did as she was told. There were all sorts of people here half Galra, full Galra, part Galra, she would finally fit in. They went into what seemed like some sort of quarters, a boy, about Abi's age sat on the bed shining his blade. His hair was black and he wore an outfit similar to the others she had seen in the halls. She figured that was the Blades outfits, when was she getting one of those. The boy was sitting on the bed polishing his blade, it was a beautiful blade. It had similar tones to hers and looked really similar. Except for the fact that hers had a curve with a spike and a notch. (Refer to top picture for Abi's Blade). He looked up to find her admiring his blade. "Hi mom..."He said hesitantly "Who's this?" Abi snapped out of it, she stuck her hand out for a handshake, he took it, "I'm Abi, it's my pleasure to meet you!" She smiled. "Keith" He said and went back to his blade.
        "I'm going to be training this one, Keith," Krolia said. "Welcome to the Blades." Keith replied. "Can she activate her blade yet?" He asked. "No not yet." She answered. Abi pulled her blade out, and looked at it. "How should I start to learn to activate it?" Keith was not sure of how to answer her, "I dunno, patience yields focus, a wise person once told me that." He paused, "I've got to go back to Voltron now," he said getting up and heading for the door "Good luck, hope to see you again and remember, patience yields focus."