The Blades of Marmora

Chapter 2
Abi is 18 now and has learned everything she could about flying. She has obtained a ship which she can take to get off the planet. Now all she had to do was rack up enough courage to go. She knew she could do it, she needed to, it was her destiny.
Abi had made earlier preparations, food, water, clothes and any extra supplies. She was ready and determined but, she didn't want to leave her family, she loved them. She knew she had to and she would be back.
When Abi had asked her father if she could go he refused like she thought. That would mean to leave she would break the rules. Only Peter knew about her leaving as he had been in the room when she asked. At that point he had helped her with the preparations after reading her note. She gave a note to Peter to give to her father right before she left. It read:
Dear Dad,
I love you so much but I have to leave. I'm going to go find the Blades of Marmora, I know you told me no but I have too. This is my destiny, I love all of you so much! Goodbye I hope to see you soon. I am going to help the universe. I love you.
          Love your dearest daughter,
           Abi
      Peter had left to go back to the house and probably to bed. She had to do it in the cover of night, or she might get caught. She had considered everything in her plan and it all seemed to fall in place. Maybe this was destiny! She took a deep breath and stepped into the spacecraft shutting the top. After all her work in studying flying she knew what to do. She flicked a switch and a second one and the engine roared to life. She put her hands gently on the wheel, took another breath, she was really doing this, and took off.
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
          Abi had been flying for hours and was now in deep space she could see her planet but it looked just like an insignificant little spec. Abi never realized that the universe was so huge. She wanted to find the Marmora now but she knew she couldn't, they were very careful and secretive about where they put their bases. As she was thinking her silence was shattered by an unfamiliar sound. She looked to above her to find the biggest, meanest looking cruiser ship she had ever seen.
            She stared up in amazement at the glimmering metal and the purple lights dimly piercing through the darkness. Wait, the purple is the same color as my ears an- oh no! It's the Galra! They hadn't noticed her yet and she intended to keep it that way. Abi didn't have a plan for this, she had heard they were "everywhere" but she hadn't thought that they would actually be everywhere. She had been taught about the Galra just in case of an attack. But all of what she learned seemed invaluable at the moment.
She was about to shut down the engine when a crackle came over the com system. "Darn it" she whispered. "Unidentified spacecraft what are you doing here" A low tone came through the com. "Umm, well I'm just passing through." When nothing happened she kept going "sir?" "Open face-cam" the voice came again. "Open what now" Abi replied. A face appeared on the screen, must have been the captain. He looked like he had been through lots of tough battles because he had scars littering his face. His whole face was covered in a thick purple fur. "Umm hi?" Abi gave a nervous chuckle. "Board" the captain said "oh no you don't!"
        Abi jammed the lever forward and blasted off into space, bad idea. She thought she had gotten away but she turned around to see tons of fighters trailing behind her. "Uh oh" she said quickly "does this thing have guns, because I sure hope it does!" She scrambled around looking for the gun button. "Of course it doesn't! Way to go me!" She facepalmed and was trying to figure out a solution to the unfortunate situation. That's it! She pulled out the note her mother had given her, with the glowing of the knife she had found a secret code.
          (Flashback)
          Abi was so excited she couldn't sleep, she wanted to read the note again it was just so awesome! So she pulled it out, but it was to dark to see. She looked at the dimly lit symbol on her knife. That would work. She took the knife gently in her hands and shone it over the note. Instead of getting what she thought she got she got something that read:
             If  you found this good job! You learned one more thing about the Blades, we love secret codes and messages! Anyway if you are ever in need of any help be sure to transfer this distress code (idk what that would be so use your imaginations.) Good luck my dear
         Love,
         Mom
      That distress signal would work and she lwould finally find the Blades. She was trying to quickly punch it in when a laser shot hit the back of her ship. Everything lurked forward and she smashed in to the keyboard, messing everything up. She attempted to use her wrist computer. She got the signal in as another laser shot hit one wing. More and more began to bombard her, she was unsure of what to do. Nothing worked she was stranded,alone and being attacked. This was not good. She heard more shots and braced for a final shot, she was doomed. Just then she realized that the shots were coming from a different direction. She looked up to see more fighters of a similar color and shape but slightly different. They pilots were obviously skilled and knew what they were doing. One came next to her and said "don't panic we've got you" it was a female
voice. With that she knew who it was, she had found them, The Blades of Marmora.

Hi guys! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter remember I own none of the things from the show! It's an amazing show so go watch Voltron if you already haven't your missing out. Excuse my many mistakes I really try not to make them but it happens. Be ready for another chapter coming soon the art is mine btw.

Thanks guys
~B❤️