Chapter 10

After Orchid went inside, I decided to look around myself

It was a lovely place, big enough to hold probably at least ten or possibly more fully grown Cybertronians and maybe a couple sparklings. At the least.
My processors though, at the moment were not working quite as well as they were supposed to.
Mostly...because of Hotrod.
I had no hard feelings against the mech, he was a natural playboy. Falling for the next pretty femme within minutes of meeting a different one. I had hoped someday that he would eventually find the love of his life and settle down with a family...
...but that 'love of his life' could not be Orchid.
I had found his reaction to our bond quite amusing, though if I hadn't been in ghost mode I wouldn't have laughed quite as hard.
I suddenly heard a little chirp at my peds and looked down.
There was Larkspur, looking up at me. Not just at something through me, but directly into my optics. 
I knelt down and stretched out a digit to touch the small cyber-dragon,"C-can you hear me?"
Larkspur nodded.
"Can you see me?"
Another nod.
I breathed a sigh of relief,"At least I am visible to someone."
"Mummy sad," came a sudden voice in my helm. It was soft and childish, the sound of a young child's voice.
I blinked,"Did you just speak?"
Larkspur nodded then tilted his helm to one side,"Why Mummy sad?"
I assumed he was talking about Orchid, who had taken care of the little creature most of his life.
"I...Mummy misses her husband," I replied, though I felt silly saying it.
"Mummy miss Daddy?" Larkspur asked, then his purple optics lit up,"Larkthpur go get Mummy to see Daddy!"
"Larkspur, wait!" I cried, but the little cyber-dragon was already gone in a puff of teleportation smoke.
When Larkspur returned, Orchid was with him.
"Larkspur, are you sure you saw Optimus?" she asked, quite sadly I noticed.
Larkspur looked at me in confusion, then back at Orchid,"Daddy right there."
Orchid shook her helm,"Larkspur, Optimus isn't here."
Larkspur huffed in an adorable dragon way and sat directly on my shoulder-plate.
I must've become visible, because Orchid gasped and her optics widened.
"Orchid, I..." I began, but she threw herself at me and wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug.
"Primus! I thought you were dead, you bucket-helm," she laughed (and cried).
I realized that perhaps...Orchid could see me, but that didn't necessarily mean so could everyone else. This might actually look odd.
So, I untangled Orchid's arms from around my neck-cables and pulled her into a secluded corner where a turret met the wall behind a large bush.
I pushed Orchid against the stone wall and kissed her, lovingly, passionately.
She kissed me back, wrapping her arms around me again.
I was running out of air, but I didn't want to break the kiss. I wanted to hold Orchid forever and ever and never let go.
Orchid obviously felt the same way, because she moaned and pulled me closer.
Eventually we did pull apart. The need to breathe was too much, but I was happy again.
I was actually with Orchid now.
And Larkspur had fallen asleep wrapped around my neck-cables.
Orchid touched my face-plates softly,"I thought I'd lost you."
I placed my servo on top of hers and held it there,"And I thought I could never make you see me."
"You were following me?" she asked.
I blushed a little,"Well...yes."
"Wait..." Orchid said and frowned a little.
"What is it?" I asked.
"Optimus," she began,"are you...dead?"
"I'm not entirely sure, my love," I replied sadly,"I think that when Quintessa hit me it knocked my spiritual body from my real body, which still lives."
Then I realized something and gripped both of Orchid's servos in mine.
"Optimus?"
"She's sent it here!" I exclaimed.
"Who's sent what here?" she asked.
"Quintessa! She was going to send my body to Earth to find her staff! You need to find it!" I exclaimed urgently.
"Well we weren't exactly oblivious to this," Orchid said,"There's this lady, Miss Viviane. She is Merlin the great wizard of Camelot's ancestor. She can lead us to the staff."
I blinked,"Er, I missed that part."
Orchid smiled and kissed my cheek,"You can't always know everything, Optimus."
I turned my helm so my lips could touch hers in a soft kiss. I could feel Larkspur waking up.
"I'll have to be invisible again in a short while," I whispered onto her lips,"You won't see me, feel me, or hear me, but I'll be there. Right by your side, every step of the way."
Orchid pulled back a little with sadness in her optics,"You promise?"
I smiled,"I promise."
Larkspur began sliding off my shoulder-plate, so I leaned in for one last kiss.
Our lips connected for a few seconds before Larkspur slid completely off me and around Orchid's neck-cables.
Then I lost my balance and phased right through Orchid and the wall to land face-plates-first on the floor.

Author's Note: Heehee! This chapter was so much fun to write.
I find that I am less busy now, so maybe I can update much more often now.
I am thinking of writing a Transformers Prime book next, about a femme that gets captured by Megatron and forced to entertain him. I won't tell you the whole story right now because that'll ruin it. 😄
I might change my ideas to a completely different plot, later, but this is what I've come up with so far.
Thanks for reading and sticking with me.
Bye.