XV: Truce

A/N: I felt like this song goes perfectly with this chapter, enjoy.

Chapter Fifteen

"Go talk to him."

"Huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts, my focus was elsewhere, a place it had no business being.

"Sage you've been staring at the man since he set up his booth, go talk to him." Porsha stood in front of me, smirking.

"No, I can't just leave the tent." As captains Porsha and I were expected to run the information tent throughout the night. Leaving now would leave P running it alone and that wouldn't be fair to her.

"Girl if you don't go talk to that beautiful ass man, bitch get a tattoo if you have too. I'll watch this raggedy ass tent, just go." P urged me to make a move.

"Are you sure?" I questioned, my eyes fixated on his burly figure flexing beneath the maroon sweatshirt that fit him like a glove.

"Sage Nala Alexander." Porsha rolled her eyes in annoyance while I tried to keep my anxiousness at bay.

"Ok, ok. How do I look?" I asked, smoothing my hands over the toffee colored sweater that hung off my shoulder. It was a light breeze in the air so I paired the oversized top with a pair of light denim jeans and my favorite chestnut booties.

"Like a snack, now go bitch." Porsha took my arm and led me out the tent, pushing me forward.

"Thanks P." I sent her a light smile before I found myself moving.

Body after body, the Panther Stadium was packed on this autumn night as the air lingered with the sweet smell of brown sugar and smoked barbecue. So What by Field Mob played over the loud speaker as everyone enjoyed each other's company. We were having a great turn out and that's all that mattered.

"Here we go." I prepped myself for what was to come as Raheem's tent came into a clear view.

Taking a deep breath I waited until I saw Smoke trash his gloves, letting me know he was done with his client.

"Raheem, hey." Waving nervously I stepped inside his tent and hoped for the best.

"Wassup." My stomach fluttered as his face remained solid and unmoved.

"I just wanted to come over and make sure everything was good. With your booth and you." I spoke quickly, my voice falling off with the last bit.

"Yeah, I'm straight, taking a little break." He nodded, taking a sip from his Fiji water.

"You poppin tonight, the line hasn't gone down since you opened." I complimented him, hoping to rid the tension that lingered over us.

"I try man." His baritone voice chuckled making my chest tighten with a familiar feeling.