V: Reconnect

Chapter Five

"What you doing?" I looked up from my laptop to Kamryn standing in my doorway

"YouTube." I smiled innocently as she released a chuckle.

Everyone that knew me knew I could watch tutorials, vlogs, and hauls all day long, it was definitely one of my guilty pleasures.

"Can you flat iron my hair?" She smiled in an attempt to butter me up.

"For what? Where you going?" My eyebrow rose in wonder. Don't get me wrong, flat ironing Kam's hair was the norm, because she loved to keep up appearances, but her beat face definitely caught me my eye.

"I can't just want my hair done?" She sighed shifting her weight from leg to leg.

"No, so where you going thickums?"

"I'm going to dinner if you must know nosey." She flicked the top of my nose, finally stepping into my bedroom.

"Dinner? With who? Bitch are you going on a date?" My eyes bulged as my mind ran wild at the thought of Kam on a date.

"It's not a date Sage." She rolled her eyes in a bored manner.

"Is he picking you up?" I continued to fire off questions as I plugged in my flat irons.

"Yeah." She shrugged in a nonchalantly.

"Girl bye, you're going on a date."

"Bye Sa." She waved me off, her chocolate cheeks beginning to blush.

"Mhmm, but gon' head wild out tonight boo, order the lobster!"

"I was gon' do that anyway, because that's just how I am." She batted her mink lashes at me.

"Ooop well come on boo." I motioned her to sit down before me.

"You and these long ass inches." I ran my fingers through her black tresses. Kam's hair stayed laid but it was to be expected, her mother Karmen was one of the baddest hair stylist's to step foot in Atlanta.

"I need to go see mama asap, I miss my bundles."

"You know she's going to chew your ass out right? You haven't been to the salon in months."

"Trust me I know." I sighed parting her hair into sections.

I was trying something new by wearing my natural hair as it was. I hadn't put a flat iron to my hair in months and while it was rewarding to see my curls flourish, the maintenance was overwhelming. Wash day alone left me in tears.

"So back to you, who's taking my good sis out tonight, do I know him?"

"That's for me to know and you to find out." She looked back and winked at me.

"Remember I'm the one with the flat iron sis." I threatened her playfully.

"Bitch play with my edges if you want to."