4.0

4.0
[mark point of view]

i hear the door of the cafe open and close.

i close my eyes and chew on the strings of my hoodie. fuck, i'm so nervous.

'you know that it's disgusting to chew on the strings of your hoodie.' a voice says. i open my eyes and look up.

a red haired boy stands right in front of me. no, scratch that. there is a god standing right in front of me.

'hi?' i say. it comes out as a question and i mentality slap myself. 'hi, i'm donghyuck,' the red haired says. i smirk. 'oh wow, i didn't know that, nice meeting you donghyuck.' i shake his hand. 'i'm mark.' donghyuck grins. 'moork.' 'shut up.'

'you know, i hoped you were ugly so that i can make fun of you,' donghyuck says. 'but your not ugly at all,' he mumbles. i laugh. 'your not bad yourself,' i say. donghyuck flushes red and looks away.

'so how are you?' i ask. the boy shrugs. 'i'm okay, i'm not nervous anymore,' he says while smiling.

'how are things with your dad?' i ask carefully.

i see how donghyuck tenses up. 'i didn't mean to ask, i guess i was just worried,' i say rapidly. donghyuck smiles at me, and i smile back.

'it's okay, he hasn't hit me these days, but the bruises and cuts are still there,' he says. i gulp. 'can i,' i sigh. 'can i see it?' donghyuck looks up at me.

'if you want to, but don't get freaked out.' i nod. donghyuck slowly rolls up his sleeve. he puts his arm on the table for me too see it.

i gasp. i expected it to be shocking, but when i saw the bruises and cuts. it felt like someone shot my chest.

i slowly grab his hand. i hear donghyuck sigh. 'you know, i really trust you,' he says. my eyes meet his. 'really?' donghyuck nods. 'otherwise i wouldn't be showing you this,' he answers.

my fingers are resting on his hand. they slowly go up his wrist. 'it looks ugly, i know.' i shake my head. 'it doesn't look great, but it isn't ugly.' my fingertips are touching the bruises on his arm.

'i think it's beautiful, just like the rest of you,' i say while smiling. i look up and take my hand of his arm. donghyuck immediately lowers his sleeve.

'thank you,' he whispers. 'i mean it.' donghyuck covers his face and groans. 'your so cheesy, fuck you,' he mumbles trough his hands. i just laugh.

'should we go and eat something?' i ask. donghyuck nods. 'okay i'll go and order, what do you want?'

'and then he just stops, talking,' i say while giggling. donghyuck smiles and looks at the river.

i look at the boy next to me. he's actually beautiful. his red hair fits perfectly with his caramel tanned skin and brown eyes. his nose is so cute, that it makes me want to bop it.

i flinch when i hear the ringtone of my phone. i mumble a sorry. 'who is it?' i look at the caller iD.

contact caller:
'mom'

i clear my throat and look at my phone. 'it's, it's my mom,' i answer. donghyuck's expression changes from a happy one, to a worried one. 'then pick up,' he whispers. i nod and pick up the phone.

'hello?' 'hello mark?'

i look at the boy next to me.

'yes it's me, is there something wrong?' i ask worried. anxiety is taking over, and my head fills it with worried thoughts.

'no, but i can't make it.'

'what do you mean?' donghyuck heads snaps up when he hears my thick voice.

'i can't make it to be home in two weeks, i need to be here for a few more weeks,'

it felt like she punched me in the face. 'but, you promised to be here, you promised me,' my voice cracks.

'i know i promised, but some promises can't be kept,'

i feel a tear escaping my eye. 'then why did you say it? you knew you couldn't make it.' donghyuck watches me cry.

'because it will make you feel better, you will have something to wait for,'

i feel donghyuck's thumbs on my face. he's wiping away the tears on my face. 'how long till you come back?'

'i don't know, i need to be here for six weeks, maybe longer,'

i feel my bottom lip tremble, i bite it to hold back my sobs. donghyuck is now holding my hand. he makes little circles with his thumb on the back of my hand. it's calming.

'okay, it's okay, be careful.'

'remember to get good grades and study well, don't get suspended or get detention!'

'okay, i love yo-.'

the phone beeps and i take it away from my ear. i look at the screen.

call ended:
'3.02 minutes'

i look up at donghyuck. the boy is focusing on my hand and is still circling with his thumb.

suddenly the tears start flowing and i begin to sob. donghyuck snaps out of his trance and lets go of my hand.

i continue to sob. donghyuck takes the phone out of my hand and puts it in the pocket of my hoodie. then he lifts up my head with his hand.

'hey, look at me,' he says with a soothing voice. i close my eyes while crying.

donghyuck keeps wiping of the tears. then i feel two arms wrapped around me. i accept the hug and hug him back.

'it's okay to cry,' donghyuck says while rubbing my back. i nod and lay my face in the neck of the red haired boy.

'i wanna go to taeyong hyung,' i mumble in his neck. 'please take me to taeyong hyung.'

[a/n]
this chapter sucks, sorry