3.8

3.8
[mark point of view]

my fingers are nervously tapping on the table of the cafe. i look around. i don't think he's here yet. my thoughts are overwhelming me and my anxiety grows bigger.

i don't even know what he looks like. this was a stupid idea. he probably doesn't like me. i bet he's not coming.

i bite my lip and try to remember the advice of my friend. i should stay myself.

but what if he doesn't like me if i stay myself?

why do i want him to like me? he's just a friend that i met on the internet. we talked for three months, he knows all my habits. i'm definitely overreacting.

i grab my phone out of the pocket from my hoodie and look at the time. 13.35, five minutes isn't even that late.

my phone vibrates and i look at my home
screen.

one unread message from hyuck:
hyuck:
i'm a bit late, bu...read more

i unlock my phone and go straight to my messages. i put my hand on my chest. 'why are you beating?' i mumble to myself.

hyuck:
i'm a bit late, but almost there. where are you?

mark:
i'm here, on the round table next to the window

hyuck:
i see you

i look up and watch all the people who are in the cafe. i don't see anyone holding a phone and i raise my eyebrows in confusion.

mark:
you do?

hyuck:
yes, i'm too scared to walk in

what if i'm not how you think i am?

mark:
just walk in, your making me nervous

hyuck:
i can't

mark:
if you don't walk in i'm walking out

hyuck:
no no, i'm coming

the round table?

mark:
yes

i put my phone back in the pocket of my grey hoodie and fidget with my fingers.

i hear the door open and close. my heart feels like it's going to explode from nervousness.

but i know, somewhere back in my head that it's beating because of something else.

[a/n]