Chapter 4~Another Part Of Me!

Another Part Of Me!

Another Part Of Me!

Michael

I was getting ready for the work day. Getting my ugly gray jump suite on. I never had worked on a car in my life until now. I rather liked it as a hobby. Maybe when I got to return back to Neverland then I could restore old cars and sell them.

Maybe Joe would enjoy one. There was really no pleasing my father. That was another story in itself. As I get the jump suit on I feel the box with the ring in my pocket. Wait. Wasn't it in my right pocket? Now it was in the left?

I remember clearly hiding it in my right pocket! I shrug as I keep it safe. I get my work boots on. Then place my other items in the locker. My boss Rick Dessik had known just who I am.

The FBI helped me get this job and my new life. I even had an id that read Fletcher Garrison on it. It was odd. I knew who I really was. A thought suddenly came to mind. What if Myra accidentally found the ring and placed it in the other pocket? She was sure to be hurt by the fact that I had chose not to ask her to marry me.

Truth was I wanted my life back. I wanted to make new music. I wanted it all with Myra by my side. If she would agree to have me. Michael. Not Fletcher. For the time being I could not tell her. If I did they would rush me out of here and I would never see her again until after they caught my stalkers. I sigh.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

"Happy one year here MJ!" Rick declares as he slaps my back.

I grin. "Rick call me, Fletcher. Someone might overhear you" I warn him.

"No one here but us men" he tells me. "How did it go with the little lady last night. Happy anniversary" he says to me.

I follow him into the garage. "It went great. We had a nice dinner at her place. She is such a great cook" I brag to him.

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. I check it. It was Myra. She was cancelling on me for that night. She had found the ring. I had a bad feeling about this. My heart sinks. I never wanted to hurt her.

"Something wrong MJ?" he asks me. "I mean Fletch?"

"No, I can handle this" I sigh.

I would have to go over to see her. Make her feel better about us. I was not letting her go. I knew she had to be hurting. Wondering why I did not want her as my wife.

But hell, I did more than anything want her to be my wife. She just could not know that yet. Not yet. Her friend Stephanie comes in to bring our mail. She hands it to me.

♫♪ְֱ ♥ ♫♪ְֱ

"Hey Steph, have you spoke to Myra today?" I casually ask her.

She nods. "I have"she admits to me.

"How is she? She told me she was not feeling well and did not want to see me today" I mutter.