t h i r t y s e v e n

Start from the beginning

she felt the embarrassment covering her face. what has she done?

the blood began to boil inside her veins and an unexpected anger built up from her toes to her head. "j-just- stay away from him- her eyes looked for kyunji's – he's a patient here and he... he's dangerous." she finally admitted as her chest hurt.

she was now turning in one of the things she hated the most: the people who considered chae hyungwon a dangerous patient.

but she immediately acknowledged it wasn't what she really felt.

kyunji's eyes widened as she stared at soon with big innocent eyes. "dr. park- she started but it was late, soon was already making her way towards the door.

"go home kyunji-ssi." she said with worried eyes and finally disappeared through the door, walking confidently and not looking back.

the whole conversation with her assistant had upset her, but why?

inside her mind the jealousy bell rang. was she jealous?

she couldn't stop thinking about the way kyunji looked while talking about hyungwon, as if she was in love.

what really annoyed her was the fact that kyunji said that it seemed to be hyungwon had been flirting with her previously.

the big question wouldn't leave her mind: was it hyungwon really? or someone else?

she held onto the wheel as she tried to push the thoughts and feelings away as she drove towards her apartment.

her lonely and sad apartment.

kihyun wasn't there. he still had around 10 days left from his business trip and that night she missed him.

she actually missed arriving home to find a delicious cooked meal with a warm fireplace lit, a glass of sweet wine and a kiss from her fiancé. a person who actually loved her and wouldn't even dare to flirt with anybody else, because she was enough.

she removed her clothes and put on one of kihyun's old t-shirts, the ones he used to sleep and went straight to bed, not even minding in eating something or taking a bath.

there was a dull pain inside her chest and she turned around and stared at kihyun's side of the bed.

she closed her eyes and imagined his laying body there, smiling at her. but then the image changed, his sharp eyes were replaced for a pair of big and dark eyes, his cute pointed button nose, replaced by a different one, a rougher yet captivating one and his small lips, replaced by a pair of big and full lips. a different smile, provocative and seductive. different from kihyun's cute rainbow- smiley eyes smile he had.

she sighed as she tried to push away the image of hyungwon. for the ninth time she felt guilty after having cheated on kihyun not only once but twice, with a patient.

for a second, she felt the desire to resign and to do something else, something completely different. like be a florist or take classes of foreign languages as she worked as a part time barista.

something different that wouldn't involve dealing with people with problems, or handsome people with serious problems like hyungwon. she knew the combination was deathly.

then, in the middle of the tornado of thoughts, she remembered the laptop. the mysterious and lonely, forgotten laptop.

she stood from the bed and looked for dr. kang's box of files. her mind worked in different ways as she tried to put together all the information she possessed about hyungwon and his personalities.