Chapter 43

We were so happy waking up in each other's arms, planning our wedding and enjoying our lunch and dinner dates that we couldn't wipe our smiles off our faces. Those days were such a pure bliss. We kissed like there was no tomorrow. We teased and fooled each other but no one didn't get mad. Every night we cuddled and chatted about our old stories or sometimes the plans for our future before we went to sleep.

The thought of staying apart or break up didn't even cross our minds that we were literally busy with our own excitements about the upcoming wedding. I couldn't wait to see that big day of us and so did she. Every seconds and minutes during that time were the most perfect and most wonderful moments of my life that I won't ever forget.

Seeing her beautiful face as the first thing in my mornings was the best that I missed especially these days when I woke up alone in my bed. My heart squeezed with more pains as I thought more about how she laughs heartily at my jokes, her sweet alluring smell and her expressions whenever she giggles. God! I missed her so damn much.

"Umm ... Excuse me? What can I do for you? You have been staring at the building for a long time."

An old lady appeared, cutting me out of my bittersweet thoughts. She was smiling sweetly at me as she waited for my answer. Damn it! Did I pace out too much?

"It's okay, madam. Thank you for asking me." I replied with a small smile before I attempted to hop inside the car where Ren already opened the door for me.

"Are you here because of Gina?"

All of my movements went dead in the midway. Both of my eyes widened immediately at her words while my heart started to race inside me. How did she know? Did she know her? I quickly snapped my head back at her where she was still smiling sweetly at me.

"I am Barbara and I live across her room. Gina is my neighbor but she left an hour ago. I think you must be the one who is sending her messages every day and I am sure you are." She said, observing me from head to toe. My cheeks burned slightly as I replied, "Yeah, you are right. Nice to meet you, Barbara. I am John." I extended one of my hand for a handshake which she happily took and shook, "Nice to meet you too, John"

"I highly doubt that according to your reaction. I was watching you since you arrived here. Sorry about that, I am just curious." She then continued, giggling with her cheeks flushed a little. My lips curled up into a smile. Was I that transparent?

"I see. It's fine. Can I ask you something, Barbara?" A glimpse of hope appeared inside my heart. I wished she knew where Gina went though I knew for sure that it was impossible but still I wanted to hope. A little hope wouldn't hurt I guessed.

"About where did she go?"
"Exactly!"

I was internally praying as I waited for her reply but when she did, all of my hopes died along with my heartbeat. God wasn't with me and he made things so difficult in my life when it was about her that I wanted to shout for some mercy.
"Unfortunately, I didn't. She didn't tell me about that but I think it is because she had no idea about where to go and she was freaking out. Your arrival was too sudden and all she had in her brain was to escape first."
"I see." It was the only thing I could manage to reply. I already knew that her answers would be like that but I couldn't help but disappointed. I guessed my inner mind had high hopes for the positive ones which I had to get rid of them.

Ren was also beside me as he remained silent and listened to our conservations. There was some sort of peaceful silence between us until she broke it,

"Mind if I ask you what happened between you two? I don't understand at all. I am certain you love her and she seem like that too but why is she keep saying that you two are impossible?"