Chapter 25

I woke up wrapped in warmth and comfort. I stretched my arms out in front of me, pushing my back into Alcide's front. I could tell he was still asleep but that didn't stop him wrapping his arms around me tighter. I smiled thinking about what just happened. I raised a hand to the bite mark on my neck. Just touching it sent shocks through my body. I would have thought I'd feel different. I didn't. I just felt closer to Alcide. When we marked each other last night it was like we were in each other's heads. I could hear his thoughts and see what he saw when he looked at me. It was like there was an invisible ribbon connecting us together. I knew that no matter how far away he was from me I could find him. I knew he could see and feel the same. He groaned quietly in his sleep before nuzzling his face into my neck and taking a deep breath.

"Morning beautiful." He mumbled.

"It's not morning Alcide." I chuckled looking over at his alarm clock.

"Right." He said, finally pulling away. He rolled me over and just stared at me. He lifted a hand and started to trace my face. I slowly smiled at him.

"We need to go and help people sort themselves out." I said softly. He nodded slowly before bending down and kissing me hard on the lips. He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine.

"Milly..." He whispered, opening his eyes and pulling back slightly to look at me. "I love you Millicent Harris" I reached up and cupped his cheek. Because we marked each other, we were now connected in such a deep way that I could feel everything he was feeling.

"I love you too Alcide." His face broke into a smile before he kissed me again. Just as things were getting a bit too heated, I pulled away. "We have to go." He nodded his head before pulling away from me.

The mate of a blue wolf was handpicked and chosen by the moon. They are to support the blue wolf and help them with controlling their abilities. Once mated their mate will also gain some powers of the blue wolf.

I gasped in surprise. Shit. I forgot about the tablet. I looked over at Alcide. He didn't look any different. He put his t-shirt on over his head and opened the door to the bathroom... and took the whole door off. He looked at the door in his hand then back where it was on the door frame. Then over at me as I burst out laughing.

"Milly... What the fuck just happened?" He asked, not finding the funny side of it. I wrapped the bed sheets around my body before walking over to him and taking the door out of his hands and leaning it against the wall.

"I may have forgotten to tell you something..." I trailed off. He looked at me expectantly.

"Well? What is it?"

"Now that we are mated, you have gained a small percentage of my powers."

"And you didn't think to tell me this sooner?"

"It may have skipped my mind"

"Milly!"

"Sorry! We've been a little busy lately, don't know if you've noticed! Plus, you know I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached!" That made him chuckle.

"Well I guess we can both train to control our powers now so at least we know what the others going through." I smiled up at him and planted a soft kiss on his lips. "Mm what even is all your powers anyway?"

"I'll get round to it later. We'll have a little play with what you can do this evening, let's just go and help everyone settle in."

Once we were dressed, we walked out of the back door of the pack house holding hands and smiling at each other. When we looked up everybody was there and bowing on one knee. And when I say everybody, I mean everybody. I used my other senses and there weren't any wolves anywhere else in the territory. They were all packed into the back garden and over flowing into the woods at the back.