Let the festival begin

You didn't hear Toshinori leave the next morning, you awoke to an empty bed and frantically began searching for a note. You wobble into the kitchen and found a small note on the coffee pot.

It's the U.A. Sports festival today, I'm sorry I have to leave so early. I didn't want to wake you after... Well you needed the rest. Try to watch today on TV if you can! I'm sure you'll see me!
I love you.
Toshi

Your heart gave a relieved flutter before you pressed the one button starting a pot of coffee. "Oh shit!" You said out loud before flipping cushions over and looking around for the remote. How could I forget one of the biggest things that airs on tv?! You thought as you looked under the couch to no avail. You walk back to the kitchen and find it next to a covered plate, curiously you pull the foil back and find that Toshinori had also made muffins. You smiled and laughed a little before grabbing one and turning the tv on from the kitchen.

Just a load of advertising and sponsorship for the school... you thought taking a bite and then doing a small dance at how good it was. You grab another with a cup of coffee then walk toward the living room. You watch the ads go by mindlessly, you see your sketch pad and despite your better judgment to stand up to get it.
When you pick it up, you're startled.
Why... why is it so light?
When you open it your heart almost drops.
The pages had been glued together and the middle hollowed out, inside a folded piece of paper sat.

Bet that surprised you, huh?
Don't worry I have your real sketch pad
here
with me
at UA.
Please take the day off.
I love you.
Yagi

You felt your heart flutter with anxiety this time and clutched your heat before letting out a shaky chuckle. You walk back to the bedroom and grab your phone before turning to the quiet ferret cage. You look in the plastic home and see a black mass shakily breathing. You open the cage and pick up the plastic guarding the animal. "Monkey?" You call more out of concern and when he doesn't move you reach your hand in there and give him a slight nudge. This jolts him up, in a confused whirl he bolts to the corner of the cage. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" You say pulling your hand out cautiously but quickly and closing the cage. I guess we were a bit loud last night... the thought perverted your mind causing your face to flush.

GOOOOOOOOODD MORNING WATCHERS AND LISTENERS ALIKE! HOW WE FEELIN THIS MORNIN?!
You could hear the familiar sound of Present Mic as the Mc.
Do you have to be this loud?
COME ON NOW ERASER! THE LISTENERS ARE READY!! Get pumped and let's get ready for the first match in this day long festival!
It looks like an obstacle course.
Should be a fun start right?

You quickly walked out of the bedroom phone in hand, you looked at the tv kind of shocked to see Eraserhead mummified. I wonder what happened that day... you thought back.

You look over at the TV where they have plastered yet another picture of the hero, you noticed how strong he stood, not only in his muscularity but in pride. You felt a small smile cross your lips as you picked up your sketch book and began sketching the hero.

You shook your head refusing to think anymore about those few days. You sat on the couch watch the students race forward. Many of the students had amazing quirks, you noticed some were going all out and some were pacing themselves. You smiled remembering the days when you had to participate in the festival. With your quirk it was hard to show case changing emotions especially when your opponents were robots. You were automatically routed to the general studies course, which didn't bother you.
You didn't want to be a hero.
You sighed with a content smile on your face as you held the warm mug in your hand. You watched as the students arrived to the minefield and gritted your teeth slightly, even though they weren't rigged to kill or hurt, they definitely sucked. You thought back to your days and shook tour head, you purposely erased those memories from your head. You're not exactly graceful and those mines definitely proved that. You sat on the edge of your seat when you watched a student hurling himself through the air, you blinked when you noticed the green hair. That's the boy from the hospital that time! You thought, you watched as he used two other students as leverage to pull himself forward. Sitting on edge you placed your coffee mug on the side table, you watched a handful of mines explode causing a cloud of coverage.
You stood when the 3 of them disappeared from view and practically screamed when the green haired boy came into the arena first. You grabbed tour phone and immediately called Toshinori.

"Hello?"
You could hear his bass voice shaking with adrenaline.
"That was incredible Yagi!"
"He's really something!"
You could hear pride sleeping through the phone.
"Also... I don't appreciate the little prank..." you said somewhat seriously.
You heard him chuckle a deep chuckle in his chest and felt your cheeks warm up.
"I'm sorry Y/N, you do need to rest though... it's safe in my desk locked away. Don't worry I'll bring I- Young Midoriya! I have to go Y/N."
"I love you"
"I.. I love you too..." you hear him whisper and hastily hang up. You just smiled like a fool holding on to your phone, you took a picture of the tv playing ads and sent it to Toshinori. When the festival returned the students, 42 left were standing in the middle of the arena, the next event was a Calvary battle. You watch as students begin to group up, avoiding the green hair boy named 'Midoriya'. You remembered how ruthless the second round was when only a finite few would get to go on to the final round. You sat back and watched as the teams separated and began strategizing. You sighed relief when they panned to the young man and he had found a team. You swallowed back at the lump in your throat as the teams assembled and the countdown for the battle began.