Icara stood up from her place and left the Great Hall, wrinkling the letter while closing her fists.
It looked like her good mood was not meant to stay after all.

It wasn't really difficult to find out who made a request for her academic file. But if BeauxBâtons had accepted it had to be from an important person, so, one of Riddle's pawn evidently used the prestige of his family name to get it.
However, she couldn't figure out why he needed it, she already answered quite a lot of questions from him. Maybe he didn't believe her...

Icara waited until lunch before speaking to Riddle.
She spotted him in a crowded walkway and approached him swiftly, slaloming between the students.
With the bitchiest tone she could manage and before he noticed her presence, she gave him a monologue.
"You will never believe what happened to me this morning, Riddle!" She forced herself to not laugh when he startled in astonishment. "This morning, when I was peacefully eating my breakfast I received a letter! A letter Riddle! Can you imagine?" She looked at him in dismay, acting perfectly, "I literally never receive anything! And it was not any letter Riddle, it was coming from none other than, wait for it, BeauxBâtons! But there's more!" Riddle's face was showing so many emotions at the same time it was becoming hilarious. "This letter Riddle. It was sent by swallows. Do you know what that means? I bet you don't! It means that it was urgent mail! So imagine how confused I was when I-"
Riddle grabbed firmly her left arm and dragged her out of the walkway while she finally burst out of laughter.
He let her go when they were in a small, empty corridor, away from anyone.
"What are you doing, Lacroix?"
He was so mad at her, Icara couldn't hold back a grin.
"I received this." She picked up the letter out of her robe's pocket and waved it in his face.
He snatched the paper angrily and read it, becoming quickly frustrated as he couldn't understand anything.
"You read French now?" She mockingly asked.
He gave the letter back to her, "What does it say?"
"It says Riddle," she took a low, menacing tone, "that I know you are trying to get my personal information."
His eyes became dark and he smirked victoriously, "so you do have things to hide."
She realized her mistake, "tch!" She looked away a second before gazing upon him defiantly, "I don't have anything to hide, Riddle! I'm just offended you're doubting my words!"
"Oh, I believe you, Lacroix." He declared coolly, "I just know you're not telling me everything."
"Like I should!" She sarcastically retorted.
They eyed each other in a heavy silence for a long minute, Icara angrily and Riddle coldly.
Finally, Icara turned away with a low grunt and left.

"I assume one of you got his hand on Lacroix's academic record today."
Riddle was sitting in a throne-like armchair in the middle of the Slytherin common room, facing the fireplace and two couches where his little group was sat.
He saw Malfoy moving and pulling out a large envelope with a gold wax seal, he took it carefully.
"You didn't open it?" He asked him.
Malfoy gulped, "I didn't dare to."
Riddle eyed eagerly the package while opening it, revealing a thick sky blue file with BeauxBâtons's crest.
A small note was attached to it with a clip, notifying that the file had been translated in English expressly for the request.
He cautiously opened the document and immediately went for the personal information sheet.
The members closely watched him reading the pages.
"Did you find anything?" Nott said when they noticed him furrowing his brows.
"Indeed."
Riddle leafed through the file, looking for details when little grey papers fell, he swiftly picked them up.
The papers seemed to had been cut from something seeing their uneven form. Looking closer he remarked they were newspapers articles and he recognized photographs of a younger Lacroix in most of them.
But something was off.
The pictures weren't moving.

Muggle's newspapers?

-------------
Author's Note:

Hello there!
I finally finished this chapter! It took me more time than usual since I had exams meanwhile...
Also, I drew Icara's wand some days ago!

Hope you like it! And that you liked the chapter as well! :DDDThe next one is going to have an important event!~Nibi

The next one is going to have an important event!
~Nibi