They reached the entrance of the library and Icara followed Riddle between the dusty bookshelves, barely glancing at the books next to her. Riddle went straight to the Dead Languages section and stopped before a shelf dedicated to Ancient Runes, she leaned her right side against a stone pillar a few meters from him, crossing her arms, and looked upon his profile figure.
He and she were roughly the same height (making Icara quite tall for a girl) and he had a slender figure which was emphasized by the black robe of his impeccable uniform. He had a sharp jawline, high cheekbones, and a straight nose. His lips were slightly rosy and his eyes blue like the warmest lagoon but cold like the iciest sea, his raven hair was, as always, perfectly combed in a nice, soft wave that fell on the left of his forehead. 
She found herself unmindfully smiling at the sight, he sure was a pretty handsome boy and she understood why all the girls were swooning over him.
"I know that I am gorgeous and that you, therefore, can't refrain yourself to contemplate me, but don't you have anything else to do, Lacroix?" Riddle said, cutting off her thoughts.
She chuckled at his absurdly pretentious words, "I actually don't."
He lifted his head from his reading to look at her, "then why coming to the library?"
Icara brought herself closer to Riddle and put her arms behind her back, "as surprising as it may sound to you, I do enjoy your company quite a lot Riddle." Her voice was soft and sweet.
"Who does not?" He rhetorically asked.
She sighed in exasperation and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Anyway..." She waved her hand, "didn't you have other questions to ask me?"
He made his gaze met hers and let a short silence, pondering.
"Of all the things you could have done to them, why break their wands?"
A mischievous grin instantly appeared on her face and she lifted her head, "because the greatest weakness of a wizard is his wand, Riddle."
Riddle frowned and brought his right hand to his chin, "is that why you practice such a high level of wandless magic?"
"What do you think?" She wiggled her brows cheekily, her smile broadening.
And on that, Icara took two steps back, bowed to him and gestured her hands. "Now if you will excuse me, Your Majesty," she said before vanishing between the bookshelves.

Icara laughed at herself while grabbing a plate full of crepes.
She was in a remarkably good mood today and hoped it was going to stay.
It was probably because of last night's encounter she thought, she finally had an opportunity to use her magic and it felt great!
But she also heard a wonderful news, tomorrow there was going to be a Halloween Party, she didn't know why she hadn't learned that earlier thought. She must have been too absorbed in her theories these last days.
Apparently, the students had to come disguised to the party and she wondered what she could wear... or what Riddle was going to wear, she imagined him in all kind of outfits and laughed alone when the picture of him in a werewolf costume came to her mind.
Unfortunately, she knew he was a "no-fun-allowed" kind of guy, he wasn't going to dress up, he would wear vampire fangs at the very most.
She heard the hatches in the roof of the Great Hall open and a multitude of owls of all kinds and colors burst into the room, delivering letters and packages to the students.
To her major surprise, a letter fell in front of her, it was a roll of parchment with delicates golden embellishments on the edges, a large sky blue ribbon tied around it, and a gilded wax seal on top of it.
"BeauxBâtons?" Icara muttered to herself. "What do they want?" She was confused.
Two little swallows landed right next to her silver plate and worry appeared on her face as she looked at them, BeauxBâtons's usual mail carriers were doves, swallows were only used for express mail.
She swiftly untied the ribbon and cautiously gave it to one of the swallows who took it in its small beak before they both flew away, they'll bring it back to the sender as a certificate of receipt.
Unfolding the letter, she read it.

"Dear Ms. Lacroix,

We recently received requests for your academic record from outsiders of Hogwarts.
We thought good to inform you about it, even if the copies have been sent.
We also were pleasured to receive great impressions of you from Headmaster Dippet and we have no doubt that it'll stay that way.

Yours sincerely.

Élise Félicité Gautellier
Deputy Headmistress"