The Warden

(No time)

Allen didn't resist as the strangely accessorized guard roughly cuffed him and pulled him out of the cell, interrupting Kanda and his conversation.

Allen watched Kanda quietly, as the guard locked their cell, a look of annoyance once again gracing Kanda's features and Allen wondered how often he'll be seeing that look as he was practically dragged down the hall by the guard.

He pushed his thoughts to the side when the guard spoke up.

"So your the fresh meat huh? Allen Walker, is it? Have fun getting pushed around by Mr. Grumpy Samurai back there." They reached the end of the hall and the guard ceased pulling Allen along.

Officer Lavi pulled Allen uncomfortably close to his face with one hand and pointed a threatening finger sternly into his face with the other hand, "I'm main officer Lavi, next in command after the Warden, so don't be trying no shit with me."

Allen's eyes widened a bit as he nodded and Lavi dropped him before motioning for Allen to follow him down the stairs.

Allen was a little frightened by Lavi's hostile actions, and felt a little mix of anger and bravery surface.

"Well what crawled up your ass and died?" Allen asked defensively and Lavi stopped short making Allen walk into his back. Before Allen could do anything Lavi swiftly grabbed Allen by his collar and shoved him roughly up against the steel caging that encased the spiral stairs.

Allen's eyes were wide with surprise and fear at the man's actions and strength, his hands hung uselessly at his sides as he stared into Lavi's emerald green eyes, rage and annoyance clear in the green pools.

"...Your fucking freedom..." He answered through his teeth, a scowl etched onto his lips as he released the boy.

"Damn punk." He muttered and continued down the stairs, not waiting for Allen to recover.

Allen used the caging to steady himself before hurrying after the scary main officer, he followed behind quietly, Lavi only looking back once more to make sure Allen was still following him.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs Allen could see a wooden, dark blue door at the end of the hall.

Lavi pushed Allen ahead of him as they headed down the dull gray hall. The door stuck out like a sore thumb against the gray cement walls that surrounded its frame, and as they got closer Allen could see a large leaded window adorning the center with black typewriter style letters that read, "Miss Lenalee Lee - Warden". It reminded Allen of a door to a detectives office.

"I wouldn't try anything funny with her either or she'll kick your ass worse than some of these inmates."

Allen gladly heeded Lavi's warning.

The main officer knocked on the wood of the door, and the sound of shuffling papers could be heard with a soft, muffled, "come in."

Lavi pushed open the door to reveal a room painted a dark forest green, in the center of the room sat a large wooden desk with a small lamp and a small stack papers on it. Two plastic, uncomfortable-looking, bright orange chairs clashed with the dark earthy tones of the room from where they were set in front of the desk, and a women clad in what looked like a business women's suit meets an army officer Halloween costume sat behind the desk.

"Warden," Lavi said in greeting nodding to the women as she stood from her black leather chair, her black-green hair had been tied up into pig tails, and they swished at her sides as she moved out from behind her desk. She returned the nod.

"Thank you Lavi you can return to your duty's."

She leaned against the front of her desk and crossed her arms, smiling to herself when Allen slightly jumped by the unexpected slam of the door behind Lavi as he said nothing before leaving angrily.