Chapter 3: USJ Finale

BEFORE WE START: Maybe you're wondering why Izuku is only using 30%. Full Cowl drains quite a bit of stamina and even though Izuku has the endurance, the mission he went on in the morning was somewhat exhaustive due to the villains' Quirks. One had a stamina-draining Quirk and siphoned a solid amount of Izuku's stamina reserves. The other villain dragged out their fight a bit by using his Quirk to change into gas. Izuku is somewhat tired and doesn't want to risk crapping out in the middle of this fight.

<Jump back in time to when Izuku is retrieving Aizawa>

Izuku looked... sad. Almost as if on the edge of tears. 

Sounding disappointed in himself, he said loud enough for his students to hear, "Ever since I can remember, I've always wanted to be a Hero. I wanted to be the Symbol of Peace. I wanted to save everyone with a smile on my face, just like All Might. So many people have helped me get where I am, and I owe my success to them. But..."

His voice nearly cracked for an instant. "If I had been even a second late, my brother's blood would be spilled here. How can I call myself a Hero if I can't even be there for my own brother?! I'm so sorry, guys. I let you down today. That's why..."

Izuku finally looked up. Everyone could feel his unbreakable spirit in that moment. And the fire in his eyes...

"I WILL PROTECT EVERYONE! I WON'T FAIL! NOT THIS TIME! BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A HERO!"

The students felt a shift in Izuku's demeanour. They could feel rage bubbling to the surface in him.

Red lines began to form in Izuku's lower legs. The lines advanced up his legs and to his torso, and spread across his arms, before finally reaching his face and forming a red and white X over his nose. Green lightning began to crackle around his body. He had his arms in an X, and now he swiftly brought them to his sides.

"30% FULL COWL!"

The students felt the sheer power radiating from Izuku and were awestruck. There had already been an incomprehensible amount of power radiating from the Hero's arm when he had demonstrated that ball throw and participated in those other exercises, but this was a whole other level of powerful. The extra surge from activating Full Cowl sent a pulse of wind pressure out from the spot where Izuku stood.

He assumed a fighting stance. "Shigaraki, it's time to pay for your crimes."

In a flash, all the thugs were knocked out. Izuku was so fast that he was only visible as a green blur. But the blurs were simply afterimages of his movements. 

Shigaraki scratched his neck furiously. "Nomu, get this bastard!"

The bird creature approached Izuku. And immediately began fighting at its full power. It was just too fast for Izuku, even at 30%. Izuku found just enough time between punches to channel 32% into his right hand and left leg. With sheer willpower, he ignored the pain of the creature's punches just long enough to send it flying with a wind pressure attack. At the same time, he snapped his fingers with his right hand and stomped on the ground with his left foot. 

Izuku finally had enough time to bump his power output to 35%. This time, he kept up with the Nomu. But he felt it wasn't enough. He pushed to 40%. He could feel himself slipping...

But he wasn't about to fail a second time. After what happened in America...

He snapped out of it and focused on the task at hand.

Anger took over Izuku as he went all out with the Nomu. But his judgement had become slightly clouded due to his anger. The Nomu was somehow smart enough to sidestep the attack, and then it punched Izuku in the arm. Izuku used One For All 30% to reduce the damage, but he could hear a cracking sound, and he was knocked back a few inches. The Nomu punched him in the gut again and sent him flying a few meters. Izuku pushed the air with One For All at 15% to counteract his momentum and fall to the ground.

The Nomu's attacks had taken a toll on Izuku. The green lightning disappeared. His arm was badly broken too. Some of the students gasped.

"His arm's messed up..." said Hagakure.

"Oh no..." Momo put a hand to her mouth.

"How can he fight if his arm's messed up like that?" wondered a few of the other students.

Bakugo and Shinobu were at a loss for words.

Izuku just kept smiling that Heroic smile that put everyone at ease. "I may not be able to fight with my arms anymore, since I would risk permanent damage. But..." he raised his voice a little. "Students, watch closely! Remember, you can't be a Pro if you only have one trick!" The green lightning was back, but this time, the red lines and green lightning on and around Izuku's legs outshined the lines and lightning on the rest of his body. 

Izuku moved so fast that whatever parts of the blur could be seen were simply afterimages. But the effects of his attacks were all too visible on the Nomu. Izuku outpaced its Hyper Regeneration, and eventually broke through its defense and Shock Absorption. For the final attack, he was able to send the Nomu flying towards the wall of the dome. Before the Nomu even reached there, Izuku was already ahead of it, and jumped up to intercept its path, finishing his onslaught with a 50% bicycle kick that probably had enough force to send the creature into orbit. He stumbled a bit due to how much the fight had drained him, but was otherwise fine. Finally, Izuku turned his attention to Tomura.

"Give it up, Shigaraki! You're finished! Your Nomu was useless against even me!"

<Shigaraki's scratching intensifies>

"No, no, no, no, NO! God Dammit, it wasn't supposed to go like this! There's no way we can beat All Might! Master was WRONG! Kurogiri, retreat!"

<All the villains retreat>

<Police arrive and everything>

<Back in class the next day because no one was severely injured except Izuku because his arm got broken and Shinobu and Aizawa because the Nomu treated them like dolls>

Izuku walked in with a fully healed arm, greeted the students, and took attendance.

"Once again, I'm terribly sorry about the USJ. If only I had been there, you wouldn't have been in such a mess! Anyways, I just want to let you guys know that I'm extremely..."

The class sweat dropped, actually expecting something like 'disappointed' -

"PROUD OF YOU GUYS! You fought those villains like real Heroes! And due to the lack of serious injuries, we're starting back up in a week! After the holidays, we'll launch right into the U.A. SPORTS FESTIVAL!!!!!"

END

Yeah, I know the ending sucked. Sorry about that. But I can't do much else.