I do something but ONLY for experimental reasons!

Comincia dall'inizio

When the sun started to set, my stomach started hurting. Klaus was out for a while, he had promised to return in a short time though, ever so worried. He seriously needed to relax. I was fine. His business seemed way more important than me, in my opinion. Something about visiting a party of Marcel's, to gain his trust.
Even though I would never admitted it, a part of me was afraid to go to sleep. To close my eyes and see the images again. They mostly contained bad scenes. Mikael beating up or punishing one of his children, mostly Klaus. Their bodies dead and cold on the ground. My pain about Bonnie's death. Klaus' lying on the ground, his ripped-out heart right in front of me. I didn't want to see that again. I rolled around on the bed, not being able to get any sleep. Hayley had gone to bed a while ago, needing to rest a bit more than us due to her still new pregnancy. As for Elijah, he hadn't been around for some time. I was wondering why because after what I had heard, he wanted to take care of Hayley but bailed all of a sudden, which wasn't like him at all. He would have made sure she got everything she needed. Not a surprise, considering she was carrying a part of his family inside her womb. She didn't have a baby-bum since the pregnancy wasn't that far advanced yet.
My eyes closed for a split second and a scene came rushing in immediately. I opened them again right away in terror. Nope. No way I was going to take this another night. I couldn't and I shouldn't have to. I jumped out of bed and silently made my way to the hybrid's chamber. Without even knocking, I stepped in and quietly closed the door again behind me. Klaus was back by now, lying on his bed, a pen and paper in hand, obviously sketching something. In surprise, he looked up at me.
"Caroline? What are you doing here this late at night?" His eyes went up and down my body, taking in my night-shirt and short comfy trousers.
"Don't ask, this is only for experimental reasons!", I told him and got onto the bed, slipping under the warm blanket. Raising his eyebrows, he curiously put his art attire aside. It was facing upside down so I couldn't see what he'd been drawing.
"Experimental reasons?", he chuckled.
"I said, don't ask.", I scoffed and pulled the blanket up to my face.
"Alright, fine. Not like I have something against it.", he smirked.
"Whatever.", I yawned. My head already felt clearer and calmer. My eyes closed and this time, no images were there. Interesting. I felt his warmth next to me as he started moving closer.
"Don't you dare.", I whispered but not with an angry voice. I was way too tired to defend myself in the first place. Moreover, I didn't really mind.
"What are you gonna do about it?", he grinned. "You came here on your own, just remember that."
"That doesn't mean anything."
His arm gently wrapped around my waist, pulling me to him. I wanted to protest but my vocal cords seemed to already be asleep. Plus, he smelt good and was warm. Not on purpose, also just for experimental reasons, I turned around and snuggled up to him, causing his grip to become even tighter in a very soft way. Then my concience was gone.

"Caroline? Are you awake?", a voice whispered.
I made a weird sound.
"Love, it's important we get up now.", he gently ruffled through my hair.
"Mhmm." My voice wasn't ready yet, it was probably still asleep.
"We have things to do or better, I have. I need to scold someone who is likely to return soon. We need to get up.", the soft voice said.
"Nuu."
"Caroline, I'm serious~ oh, okay..." I felt his muscles tense as I moved even closer.
"Alright, you aren't making this easy on me, love. Don't you dare tease me." Fingers softly caressed my back.
Slowly, I tried to open my eyes. My body shifted a bit and he grunted.
"Mhmm.", my eyes were finally open now.
"There you go."
I tried focusing on the very close face in front of me.
"Waky waky, sunshine." It was Klaus. Of course it was. I moved back a bit, not leaving his embrace. One hand was still stroking my back, the other one was going through my hair.
"Morning.", my voice sounded pretty sore.
"Not just yet, it's still nighttime.", he chuckled and played with my hair between his fingers.
We kept lying still for about five minutes, not moving an inch. Not even I pushed him away but let him continue since he wasn't doing anything bad. Then I was ready to actually wake up. He let me go with a slight sigh and I sat up.
"So? How did your experiment work out?", he smirked.
"Positive. Though I still have to figure out why.", I said back.
"Does that mean, you'll join me in bed from now on?"
"Nope.", I told him with confidence. Though to be honest, I wasn't sure yet. It depended on my nightmares and how bad they were. Why did they stop when I was next to him? What was my subconsciounce trying to tell me? My eyes went over to the hybrid who got out of bed and ruffled through his own short hair.
"Didn't plan on actually sleeping.", he mumbled more to himself than me. "Gotta take care of some more things."
My eyes were pinned on his body, taking in his movements as he fixed his t-shirt. A female voice disturbed my thoughts. Confused, I looked around. The voice had clearly come from downstairs and the person sounded upset.
"I thought so.", Klaus said quietly and gave me a look. "I wish, I wouldn't have had to wake you at night just because of this. But after what Marcel told me today I wasn't even planning on sleeping until you came in here."
He was next to me now and looked at me. My eyes met his and I blinked as I started to get lost in them.
In this moment, someone barted into the room.
"There you are!", the girl shouted. "Tell me what you have done with our brother, you narcissistic, backstabbing wanker!"
"Enough with all the shouting.", Klaus turned around to smirk at the familiar face, breaking our eye contact.
"Little sister, I should've known."
Oh my god. She was back.