Climb Through My Window Part Five

Climb Through My Window. By: Harmony <3

PART FIVE

"Hi... Daddy." I stammered trying to sound like the sweet innocent girl I was to be. He took off his reading glasses and glared at my body standing next to me.

"Who is this Jesse?" He demanded again for an answer.

"This is J- I mean Dylan." I caught myself, this whole being Jesse was pretty hard as some moments.

"And why is J-Dylan here exactly? You know your mother doesn't allow boys in the house." I looked at Jesse for help. She shrugged and I decided to wing it.

"Well, we're working on a project for school. Yeah, we happened to be partners." I stammered. It was true anyways.

"Yeah, just like old times!" Jesse but in. She gave her dad a big toothy smile and he bought it.

"I don't want any trouble," he said, going back to his paper. We both sighed and rushed upstairs to figure out our problem.

LATER THAT NIGHT

"So this all happened because of a shooting star?" Dylan looked at me with his new girlish face.

"Yeah, this book talks about different kinds of magic, some crazy people believed it happened in the past because they witnessed it. And now, these people don't look so crazy now!" I read the information out of the book that gave us so many answers we had been longing for.

"So, explain again, how this all got started and how we can fix it."

"Well, it says: 'With a loved on you lie, and a star passes over, whatever you say, becomes your four leafed clover.' So that means... When you slept over here that last night, a shooting star shot over my house. So what did we say, or what were we talking about that night?" I lay on my bed and pondered on that night I loved.

Dylan slouched on the ground and let out a deep sigh, showing he was not in the mood for thought tonight.

"I think I remember," I suddenly said as a spark hit my brain. I sat up. "We were talking about how different our lives are, and you said something about wanting to be me! That's it!" I raced through the rest of the pages of the book. And looked on the very last page. It read:

When the time may come,

when you find love,

your world will start spinning again.

"So, what do we have to do?" Dylan asked. I read the love part and stopped. I didn't want him to think we had to fall in love. That's just not going to happen. I quickly closed the back cover of the book and looked at him with hope in my eyes.

"It just says when the time may come, your world will start spinning again." My eyes dropped to the floor. It all seemed able to happen, but hopeless. Waiting for the time to come, was like waiting for Romeo to come take me away from this place on a white horse. And there were no more Romeo's left on this world. Hopeless was what was making my heart heavy.

Dylan gave me a half smile.

"Hey, when the time comes, it will come. My mom always tells me: 'Just wait for the sun to rise, because you know it will'. And I know it will." He took my hand and placed it on his. We sat there gazing into each other's eyes, and even though we were looking at our own faces, I know I could see pure Dylan. My heart skipped a beat and I had no idea what was going on in my head. My heart was going in the opposite direction of my brain. What to think. What to do?

MIDNIGHT:

Me and Jesse sat in her room talking about our days at school as the other person. I couldn't believe Kayla had wanted me back. And she admitted that we were broken up.

But every time I think about Kayla, Jesse pops in my mind. They way she used to laugh at me when I would fall of my skateboard when we were little. I love the way her eyes sparkle when she is happy. And she always half grins, it is so hot I couldn't stand it. She had no idea how pretty she is. And she has no one there to tell her. But how could I do that? I was in her beautiful body right now. And she was in mine. How do I tell her she is beautiful while she looks like a guy? It seems gay in a way... I just wish, I could tell her how she is making me feel right now. Right now, she is talking away and it makes me feel good someone is talking to me instead of listening to laugh, or listening for a juicy story to gossip about. She's a girl. Normal. But not. WAY different than Kayla. Kayla liked me because we would hook up on weekends and we'd be seen at dances together. I've always been a popularity boost for people. But Jesse, hid me from her parents, and has ignored me for years. I sound crazy, but I like that. A lot.

"I better get going. I have to finish 'your' homework. And mine." She laughed. And opened the window. She looked back and I smiled. She smiled back.

"Night."

"Night." And with that, she climbed on the tree that led to the window on the other side of her lawn. My window.

JESSE:

I sit up on Dylan's bed and grab a notebook I had brought over here. There were none in sight in his room. I grabbed a pen and started to scribble down my thoughts on Romeo and Juliet. Suddenly Dylan crossed my mind. I never thought he would be a 'Romeo' in one of my writings. But when I thought about it, I believed he could be.

He really is kind, I just don't understand his life. And he listens to me. No one listens to me. Zac just pretends half of the time. And where is he now? Probably sucking face with three different girls. Backstabbing jerk! But Dylan, even though I've thought this for so many years, now, doesn't seem like a jerk. He seems like a person. Normal. But not. He is too great to be normal. And pretty hot. Wow. I'm calling my formal body hot! Yikes.

I start writing:

Romeo was Juliet's savior from a prison like life. She was not allowed near him. Her parents did not approve. But he risked the consequence to go see his love. She stood out her window and he told her how much he loved her. Their love was too good to be I fear. Because death was in the heat of the moment. They both could not live without each other...

I stopped. What am I saying? Is he my Romeo? Do I love him? Could I die without him? Is he my savior?

The answer is, yes.