Chapter Four- Christian

It was the end of the day, and it was the first day I would wait after school to pick up Ariana, my younger sister. I walked into the cafeteria, and there she was, the girl I seen this morning. I didn't know her name, but what I did know is that she was beautiful. I did know her friends name though, Amber. Everyone knows a lot about Amber, how she gets into fist fights with her mother, and how she skips school to smoke all the time. I don't know much about this girl, but I sure do hope she isn't like that. I walked over there, and figured I'd spark up a conversation.

"Hey Ladies!" I smiled, looking at the girl. "How are you guys?"

"I'm great!" Smiled Amber, trying to get closer to me, since I was sitting next to her. "How are you, Chris?"

I started to move my chair towards the girl, "I'm okay, how about you, what's your name?"

She smiled, "I'm Haddie. And I'm okay, thank you for asking!"

"No problem," I smiled at her, looking into her blue eyes, getting so lost I almost drowned in them.

"So Chris, are you starting this year?" Smiled Amber, "I'd love to see you play at your first game."

"Yeah, I am." I replied, trying to direct the conversation back to Haddie, but Amber just had to have my attention.

"Great! The first game is Friday?" She looked at me, and I knew why she was looking at me the way she was.

"Yes, it is." I replied making small conversation with her so maybe she would get the gist that i don't want to talk to her.

"Okay! I'll be there, maybe we can get a picture or something." Does she not understand that I don't want to talk to her?

I looked over to Haddie, and realized that she probably felt belittled. I mean, she looked really upset, but I could tell it wasn't because of the Amber situation. I wanted to ask her what was wrong, but as I was about to, I realized what everyone thinks of me; that all I care about is getting girls in bed, and she probably thought that too.

The kids came downstairs, and I went to the paper and signed my name next to Ariana's. I told her to come on and walked out to my truck.

"How was your day?" I looked over to my sister who was buckling in, and smiled.

"It was fine, the second day of sixth grade. Nothing new, I just hung out with Mikayla and did work, yours?"

"I met this really pretty girl." I smiled

"Oh, Ava? You always talk to me about her, just ask her out already!" She smiled at me, teasing me, "Or are you chicken?" She then started to make chicken noises.

I laughed, "No, not Ava. Her name's Haddie. She has long brown hair, and big blue eyes that I could get lost in so easily."

"Okay, okay, don't turn into Shakespere." She teased again, man she is just like me.

"I'm not trying to, Ari, I really like her." I smiled.

"But you also really like Ava, and you have for a year, and how long have you known this Haddie? One day? That's it. Plus, I really like Ava, she's funny and she helps me with my homework, and I really like when she watches movies with me. Plus, she really likes you, and let me tell you a secret, she thinks you're gonna ask her out soon."

"Yeah, but I've known her for so long, I mean I like her, but in a friend way, I'm afraid a relationship would ruin our relationship in total. There's just something, well, different about Haddie, I don't know what it is, but I love it."

"Okay, just tell me, Chris, how many times have you talked to this girl?" She asked me, "Like really, what all do you know about her?"

"I know her name is Haddie, and I know she has siblings because she was waiting after school too, like I do for you."

"That's it? That's all you know? You don't know what grade she's in?"

"Well, no. Ari, I just really like her."

"And I really like Ava."

The rest of the ride home was silent, and when we got home Ari went straight to her room. Maybe the conversation got to her, did she really want Ava and I together that badly? Why would it matter to her? She's in sixth grade and the only thing she knows about relationships is that it involves two people saying, 'I like you'. She doesn't know what she's talking about.

I went and did my chores, so that I could do my homework and have the rest of the day to myself. When I got home, my parents weren't there, and neither was Adele. Obviously, she was with them.

I went upstairs and knocked on Ariana's door, but she didn't answer. Of course, she's mad at me again because I told her how I feel about Ava, how I really feel. After attempting to talk to Ari, I went to play my game and wait for my parents to get home.

A few games into fortnite, and I hear the front door open and then close, and before I knew it, I was flying down the stairs and practically hollering at my dad asking if I can get my phone.

"Dad, dad, dad! Can I get my phone?" I questioned him, with pleading eyes.

"Did you do everything that was asked of you?" He looked at me sternly, tryin to find the answer.

A few months ago, I got in trouble for my grades and my dad took my phone. He said it would've only been for a few days, maybe a week, but he took it for four months.

"Yes sir, already done." I smiled with confidence, because I had done my chores early knowing what he would have asked of me. And the moment I have been waiting for for months finally came, I finally have my phone.

I ran up the stairs, humming. It's something I do when I'm happy. But this time it was different, I was overwhelmingly happy. I ran and jumped onto my bed, and laid on my belly, opening Facebook and typing in the name, Haddie. Sure enough, there she was, the second name to pop up. Haddie Anderson, with a picture of her in a Snapchat filter with flowers. I added her, and almost right after my stepmom called for me.

"Chris! Someone's at the door for you!" She called for me. Someone was at the door? For me? I wasn't expecting anyone. I opened my door and crept down the hallway, and onto the staircase. As I walked down the stairs, trying to not make a sound, so I could see who was here before getting down there face to face. So I didn't have a stupid look on my face when I seen who it was. I looked around the corner, and there she stood.

Ava.

In tears, with a bag in her hand.