Attack? But They Can't!

"We're under attack!" came Kimball's voice.

We all took off for our quarters to get our armor. I changed my clothes and boots as well. We all ran down to the control center.

"That's impossible," Doyle said, "They'd never risk a bombing run!"

"Well, that's the thing," a soldier radioed back, "they're actually not."

"I thought you guys said we were safe at the Capital!" Simmons exclaimed.

"I never thought they'd be so bold!" Doyle stated, "They'd take too many casualties!"

"I guess they don't care how many people they lose," David said, "Once they have the sword, it won't matter."

Sarge cocked his shotgun, "Then sounds like we gotta make sure they lost all their men!"

Doc laughed, sounding like O'Malley, "Yes! Forget the counseling session. Bring on the blood bath!"

"Let's get out there and stick it to 'em, gang!" Donut said.

"Hold up," Church said quickly," Um, I got a better idea, but...you're probably not gonna like it."

Grif shrugged, "Can't be much worse than the current one."

"It's like Kimball said, the Capital's a death trap...but not for us."

I nodded, "Right. Let's get everyone out of the city."

"What good would that do?" James asked.

"Well, York, the mercs just dropped all of their men right into the city. A city that just so happens to have a very powerful nuclear reactor. And, if we blow up the reactor, we blow up everything Charon has to throw at us."

"So, what's the plan?" Nathan asked, "For us at least?"

"Tennessee is going to get the Reds, Blues, and Doyle out of here," Heather said, "York, North, and Wash, you three are coming with me and Kimball to the reactor."

"I'd rather go with Tennessee," Nathan said.

"North, this isn't up for debate."

"Carolina..."

"Hey," I said, "It'll be fine. I'll be fine. Keep Wash out of trouble and York focused. Don't worry about me. I've got Psi and a damn good team to back me up."

He nodded, "Be careful."

I smiled, "Always am."

He pulled me to him and kissed me. "Love you," he whispered.

"Love you too," I whispered. I stepped away from him and turned to my team. "Let's go."

"Wait," Nathan said, "What did you say?"

"I said I love you, dork. Now, get going." I pulled my helmet on and headed out. My team and I headed for the armory. We ducked behind some crates to avoid some pirates.

"You know, I always wanted to be popular as a kid," Tucker commented as they left.

"As did I," Doyle sighed.

"Is it just like you imagined?" Donut asked as we walked into the armory.

"No," Doyle said.

"Kinda," Tucker replied.

"Weirdo," I said as I walked past them. I radioed the others, "Alright, we made it to the Armory."

"Good," Heather radioed back, "There should still be a Pelican docked in the garage. Load up as many supplies as you can then get Tucker and Doyle out of the city. We'll take care of the reactor's manual overload."