Please Don't Be Aliens? Please Don't Be Aliens?

***Three weeks later***

I chuckled to myself and watch Tucker start doing a victory dance.

"Another one bites the dust!" he sang as he danced, "Oh yeah! Another on gone, another one gone, another one bites the dust! Ugh! Yeah! We. Kicked. Your. Ass. Bitch!"

"Get down with you bad self," Sarge encouraged.

"Alright," I laughed, "that's enough. We just took their base. No need for cruel and unusual punishment."

"Are you sure?" Sarge questioned, "I could drop some sick beats on them. Y'know, bust some rhymes, make it old school."

"Oh, for god's sake," Psi groaned, "Please don't."

"Square."

"Come on," I said, "Let's get this place sorted out. Intel says they were keeping some Freelancer equipment here."

"Right," Psi agreed, "Sarge, why don't you go check on the Feds. Tucker, are you down to handle the Rebels?"

"Yeah, yeah," Tucker said as they walked off.

"In all the years they spent in the canyon, when the hell did he learn to dance?" Psi asked.

"Probably around the time he learned the law," I said. I turned to look at the structure in the distance, "But I've got better questions."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"Like what else was Charon studying out here?"

"You wanna go check it out?"

"Yeah, but I can't leave them here by themselves. Besides I wanna see what Freelancer shit we found first."

"Colonel Church," a Fed soldier called, "we've retrieved what appears to be a domed energy shield from within the complex."

"The bubble shield?" I questioned, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, we're pretty sure."

"That's great. We can hook it up and start running some tests in a few hours."

"Hey," Psi said, "slow down. What about the giant floating tower in the sky? Did you forget about that crazy bullshit?"

"What," the Fed questioned, "the temple?" Psi and I turned to look at him. "That the aliens made?"

"I'm sorry, what?" Psi asked.

"You're familiar with that structure?" I asked.

"I mean I think most of us are, yeah."

"Alright, I'm gonna stop you right there," Psi stated, "You're telling me that people on this planet are just used to seeing flying space shit like that?"

"Pretty much." He turned to another Fed soldier, "Hey, Randy! You ever seen one of those alien towers before?"

"Oh yeah!" the Randy guy called back, "My dad took me to one when I was a kid!"

"They're nice, right?"

"Oh yeah! They had funnel cake outside, too!"

"Oh, I remember that!"

"Yeah. Good times." Randy walked off.

The Fed soldier turned back to us, "So, yeah, I mean, pretty common."

"How is this not a bigger deal?" Psi asked.

"Well, come on, man. I mean, they've been around forever and they don't really do anything..."