It's a Trap!

I looked over the coordinates, "Epsilon." I grabbed the nearest working jeep and sped over to the others. "Get in. I've got a recovery beacon on Epsilon." They got in and got us to Epsilon's location as fast as I could.

"There he is," David said pointing to where Church lay in the snow, "Something doesn't seem right here. Stop the car." I stopped the car and hopped out. David did as well. "I don't like this. How did he get hurt, why isn't anyone helping him?"

"It's a trap," I stated, "Those walls there, perfect for a sniper. We walk in to where he's hurt and suddenly, we're boxed in, nowhere to go."

"You think the Reds are tryin' to ambush us?" Doc asked.

"The Reds?" David snorted, "No. This is an actual military tactic. We drilled it all the time in training. No, whoever set this up is a Freelancer."

"Yeah, but if a Freelancer set this up, wouldn't they know that you guys were Freelancers, and that you would recognize this soon as you saw it?"

"Shit," I groaned, "He's got a point."

Just then explosives light up all around us just before exploding. I dove away from the explosion. Unfortunately, the impact of me hitting the ground blurred my vision. I pushed myself up as my vision cleared. I found Tex fighting the Meta and David. I ran over to Church.

"Church?" I questioned kneeling next to him, "Are you okay?"

"She fucking shot me, what is wrong with her?"

"She was trying to get us here. I don't know why though."

"Hal," he said looking up at me, "you're okay?"

"I take it you got my message."

He nodded, "Yeah. The guys think you're dead. You practically told us that you were."

I looked over to the Meta, "Well, I'm not yet."

"Meta, wait!" David yelled. The Meta took the recovery unit and stabbed Tex through the visor with it.

"No, stop!" Church called, "Let her outta that thing."

"We can't," David said, "the unit is failing. Epsilon, it's over. You are coming with us."

"I'm not going anywhere with you. We can fight you."

"We can?" Doc questioned.

"We will."

"Ah great."

"I'm sorry to hear that," David drawled, "Meta, give me the memory unit... Meta?"

The Meta attached the memory unit to the back of his armor then went invisible.

"Doc, protect Epsilon," I ordered.

"What do I do?" Doc asked.

"Run!" David and I shouted.

The Meta attacked David, knocking him away, then starting shooting grenades at Church and Doc. I jumped onto his back.

"We'll try to hold him," I shouted. The Meta threw me off. David shot at him a few times. The Meta retaliated with grenades. David hit his knees.

"I knew you would do this Meta," he breathed, "I just can't believe...can't believe..." he looked around the Meta to something in the sky. "I can't believe it."

I turned to see what he was looking at. There was a spaceship coming in hot. I was sure it was crashing. The ship crashed and almost took out Doc. The Reds and Blues got out of the ship.