[14]

"You're sure you want to do this?" Tony asked from the front of the jet. You were sitting in the back, completely silent, contemplating what you were about to do. Loki sat beside you, looking more worried for you than his own responsibility on this mission. You were flying away from New York, set on a course for a base hidden deep within the some snowy mountain range in Europe. You weren't told an exact location for fear that you might try to go alone. 

"I'm ready to remove Young's head from his body and then burn it until there's nothing left," you responded without looking up. There was nothing of kindness or forgiveness in your voice. You had nothing on your mind but burning that prison and everyone in it to the ground. You resorted back to your cold, killing rage that you'd felt so many times before. Blank. It was almost as if you weren't even there. Loki recognized your silence and didn't try to push any conversation. 

"Alright, so we all know the plan?" Steve asked, trying to break the silence. You could feel the air around you. It was like everyone was holding their breath, scared to move around you. Everyone nodded in response. You knew what you were to do. You were the play the prisoner one more time in order to earn your freedom. You were going to walk into the HYDRA facility's front doors with a shapeshifted Loki. He was going to be playing your guard and captor. You planned on walking directly to the most dangerous spot in the building and distracting Dr. Young while the rest of the team rescued as many prisoners as they could. You knew that not everyone could be saved, even if they got every single one of them out on time. Some prisoners were to broken to be fixed again. After you received word that everyone else was out safely and Loki was back with the team, you were to let loose. Hold nothing back. Bruce had been working with you to make your powers stronger and more manageable so they wouldn't kill you, but you were more than willing to do so in order to burn that place to the ground. You only wished that your last goodbye to Loki would be sweeter than a nod from a weapon to her guard. 

"We're getting closer, we're going to have to land this thing somewhere a few miles out so they don't detect us so be prepared for snow," Nat stated from the front of the jet. Everyone was dressed in thick winter coats and boots with their suits and weapons concealed beneath besides you. You were wearing the outfit that HYDRA had given you years ago before you'd left for the last time as their slave. The pristine black fabric had been ripped and stained and distressed to make it look as if you put up a fight before being brought back. Your (h/c) hair was down and tangled and your face was smudged with dirt. You looked absolutely awful but that was the goal. 

"Before we start this," you began. Your voice shook as you spoke but you continued. "I want you all to promise me that if something goes wrong or I can't get out, you all need to prioritize your lives over mine. I need to know that all of you are out and safe, okay?" Everyone looked at you in disbelief. You knew that they weren't going to take your orders that easily, but you needed to make sure that all of your team made it out safely. 

"I'm not going to leave without you and you know that," Loki answered sternly. He moved his hand to rest on yours to try and change your mind. You flinched at his touch but didn't move. You were scared and wanted to refuse any kind of interaction, but his cool skin felt so nice on yours. You knew that every moment you stayed there beside him, the farther away from your cold emotionless state that you needed to maintain in order to complete your mission. You knew you should move away, but you wanted to savor every moment you had as if it were the last time you'd ever see him. 

"You guys ready?" Nat asked as she entered the back of the jet, pulling you from your thoughts. You hadn't even noticed that you'd already landed but you could feel the anxiety seeping in through your cold exterior now that you were on the ground. You didn't let yourself think about it, but you were absolutely terrified of what you were supposed to do next.