#24

Sirius drummed his fingers on his desk mindlessly staring off into space while the rest of the class worked on their essays. "Hey Moony," he began not even bothering to get a response from the studious Prefect, "Have you ever wondered where the Professors sleep at night?"

"No," Remus replied curtly.

"I mean, do they share dorms with other Professors, too? I reckon McGonagall rooms with Sprout. What if Dumbledore and Slughorn are secretly best mates?"

"Interesting."

"I know right! I say you, me, and the guys sneak out tonight and find out where they stay. Or just you and me."

Remus furrowed his eyebrows. Not because Sirius had suggested they spend time alone wandering the castle at night, but because he used proper grammar. "What?"

Sirius stared blankly at him. "Do you want to go out with me tonight?"

"Sure..."

"Brilliant. You bring the candles and I'll bring the chocolates." Remus's eyes widened in utter shock as Sirius burst into laughter interrupting the entire class. "I'm only messing with you mate. But really, we'll follow Slughorn tonight after dinner, yeah? I'll tell Prongs and Wormy later."

"Yeah." Remus dipped his quill back into his ink bottle trying to hide the blush creeping onto his cheeks.