#47

Sirius tossed his quill aside, snapped his book shut, and shoved it away in his dresser when James and Remus walked into the dorm. 

"Hey Pads," James said, tossing his robes to the side. "Wanna play some quidditch?"

"Only if Moony plays too," Sirius responded. Remus shook his head defiantly. "Oh come on, it'll be fun!"

Remus scoffed, "I've heard that before..." 

"You can play keeper for us!" James suggested. 

"Yeah right. And have balls flying at my face?"

"I'm all for that," Sirius said with a sly grin, "But Moony will fall off the broom the second the quaffle flies in his direction."

"I suppose," James mumbled. "What if he just threw the quaffle in the air for us?"

"Or he could referee."

"Or how about he stays in the dorm and has a nice time folding his laundry?" Remus offered holding up his white collared shirt. 

"I love you Remus, so I'll say this nicely," Sirius said. "Do you want to tell ou-" he cleared his throat, "your kids that you spent your days at Hogwarts alone folding your boxer briefs?"

Remus rolled his eyes, laying his freshly pressed shirt to the side. "No."

"Then come on!" James exclaimed, shoving his old broom into Remus' hand. "You can do laundry any day."

Remus let out a long sigh, but followed them down the stairs. "You're lucky your my best mates," he muttered. 

"You love us," James said wrapping his arm around Remus' shoulder. 

"But he loves me more," Sirius countered, wrapping his arm around Remus' shoulder, over James'. 

"Yes Sirius, I love you more than anything in the world. Even chocolate." 

"I knew it!" Sirius said sticking his tongue out at James. 

Remus rolled his eyes, shoving them both out of the way. "I'm surrounded by a bunch of idiots."

"But a couple of good looking idiots," James said with a smirk. "Race you to the pitch!" With that, he took off down the corridor. 

"Loser gets pushed in the Great Lake!" Sirius shouted, following after him. He glanced behind him, pushing his hair out of his eyes. "Come on Moony!"

Remus sighed, but none the less, sprinted to catch up with them. Despite being complete idiots, he really did love them more than anything. And maybe Sirius was right. Maybe Remus loved him a little more. Just in a different way...