"Touche."

~

"Now, let's get on to business."

It was right after ten when they finished dinner and prepared for the night. Nana didn't think much when they arrived late, but as long as her daughter notified her, then she was all right with their late return.

Dressed in their pajamas, the pair sat on Tsuna's bed with grim faces.

"As I was saying this morning, I and the other six were chosen as the Strongest Seven in the sense of the seven people with the strongest flame of our type. At the time, you had the strongest Sky Flames, but as a result of Imogene's death, your role as the Sky Arcobaleno candidate voided and Luce was chosen instead. For the past several years, however, she went MIA.

"On November 9, 1991, we were summoned through a letter to meet at the summit of Monte Cimone. By whom, we didn't know, but the letter said that we will meet the mastermind, so we went, thinking it was about time to meet the guy behind all of those missions we've received together.

"By the time we reached the summit, a blinding light surrounded us. The pain was...unbearable as if there was a searing hot flash coursing through our bodies. When we came to, we found ourselves in these infant bodies and with a pacifier around our necks."

Tsuna narrowed her eyes, slowly processing the information. "...What about the person you said you'll meet?"

"He was right there in front of us when we woke up. There was something off about him, however," he remarked. She kept silent, gesturing for him to continue. "He didn't feel human."

"What?" Her eyes widened.

"He didn't feel human," Reborn repeated, gently grabbing Leon off his head and proceeded to pet him. "There's this aura around him that felt faintly like a mixture of our auras: half light, half dark. Neutral, almost."

Tsuna had a speculative look as she held a thinking pose: right leg over the left, right hand on her chin while the other acted as a resthold for the elbow. "Did he give his name?"

"Checkerface. An alias."

"I see..."

"Care to share your thoughts?"

Her eyes, which switched from brown to amber at the beginning of the conversation, turned to look at his. "A few years ago when I was walking to school, I felt a presence just like how you explained it, but it was only for a second. I didn't think much of it since it disappeared the same time it came, and I was too busy trying not to trip and fall flat on my face," she deadpanned, resulting the little Devil to snicker.

"While I do want to find that presence you mentioned, I need to first and foremost raise you to be the next Vo-"

"Good night."

"..."

~

Tsuna woke up to a pleasant surprise at five in the morning: a pile of flowers suffocating her.

She gently pushed them away from her face and glared lightly at Reborn. "I'd appreciate it if you don't kill me so early. I'm only thirteen."

"I'd appreciate it if you don't interrupt me next time. Not like I can kill you anyway, it's against my mission and the Law. I rather kill myself than can kill you, and I'm sure it's the same for you."

The Law was a list of rules directed only to the Angel and the Devil by their creator for the sake of balance, one in which wrote, "Thou art forbidden to kill thy other half." Failure to follow any of the listed rules shall result in divine punishment chosen by the creator himself.