Chapter one

Chapter one

Today was a big day. I slipped on my black my black skinny jeans and my black tank top and blazer. I laced up my heeled ankle boots and grabbed my keys and bag. I made it to headquarters and scanned my card.

Today we had the biggest break of this case. My department specialises in drugs, there has been a gang that have been dealing drugs. I sent my most trusted agent Jayson to go undercover and work for the gang. As I walked through the halls to the meeting room everyone stared.

You see I’m a girl, just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I can’t fight. No one messes with me. I dropped my bag on the ground when I entered the room and I sat down in my chair, I pulled out my files and looked through them.

About 20 minutes later everyone came piling in. I stood up and spoke

“Right guys we have made so much progress in this case and I believe in every single one off you. Today Jayson our undercover agent has found us something to work with. He should be here but until then I would like to ask you all a few questions” everyone was looking at me and I smiled.

“Guys chill, ok so it’s my dad’s birthday and I have decided to throw a party you are all invited” my dad used to work for the FBI but he left and worked in the police force instead.

“Discussing personal business at a meeting.” A guy walked through the door and the room fell silent.

“Who are you” I asked.

“I’m your new boss, well I’m soon to be” I had no clue of what this guy was on.

“Excuse me, who do you think you are. What makes you thing you are going to have my job.”

“I’m the new chief of department. Soon I will be head, when the elections happen I will win” he grinned at me and came over.

“I’m Nick Hays” he stretched out his hand and I looked at it.

“What makes you think that my friends are going to vote for you?”

“Well first of all I’m so good looking how can you not and second I’m a guy.” Jamie ‘ooed’.

No one used the gender crap on me.

“You know what you stuck up asshole. How about we take this to the training grounds after the meeting and see who wins.”

“Fine if I win you hand over you department, if you win I will draw out of the election” I nodded and turned back to my department.

“Sorry I’m late Rose, I couldn’t get away from them.” Jayson ran into the room. He came over to me and gave me a hug.

“Ok so what have you got for us” he pulled out a USB stick and plugged it into the laptop.

“Ok there are two shipments of Class A drugs but they will be on a cruise boat. One tonight and one tomorrow night. They will be impossible to catch because of the amount of people that are going to the Halloween thing tonight by the docks. So they want me to bring some people with me.” he looked at me and smiled. Jayson isn’t only my trusted agent he is my step-brother.

“Ok we need volunteers, anyone who is willing to go and collect evidence, write your name down and be here tonight at 7pm.” I pushed the paper forward.

“One more thing Rose, they saw a picture of you on my phone and they want me to bring you. They want you to work with them.” I looked at Jayson to see if he was joking but he wasn’t.

“How long for” I asked.

“Until the last shipment which is in 3 months” I looked over at my colleagues.

“We should have enough evidence by then to lock them up, I’m going to have to go so I need to leave someone in charge. Jamie” his head snapped towards me and he stood up.

“I’m going to leave Jamie in charge till I come back. If anyone has any concerns just talk to him. This meeting is over everyone have a good day” everyone left besides Nick and Jayson.

“What are you still doing here.” I snapped. “Meet me in the training field on 10 minutes.” He left in a hurry.

I looked to Jayson and hugged him again, my dad left and my mom married his dad. Jayson’s mom had died in child birth and my dad left when I was born. Jayson is also 25 but he is a few months younger than me. We our parents got together when I turned 1 so we have grown up together. He is the best brother I could ever have asked for. I gasped when I saw his bruised hand, “What did you do this time” I sat him down and got some ice, I put it on his hand and we talked but he had to rush off because he had to meet up with the gang.

I walked into the training ground and threw my blazer on the floor. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and a crowd formed. Nick stood in a defensive stance and I lunged at him. I elbowed him in the face and his back he dropped to the ground but was back up in seconds. I kicked him in the crotch but he caught my foot and pushed me down. I was wearing heels so that would have killed.

I got back up and walked over to him and head butted him and kicked his stomach and kneed his face.

He was on the ground and was groaning. I pulled his hair so I could see his face “Do you give up” he looked at me and spoke.

“N-no” he stuttered.

“Wrong answer” I punched him and knocked him out.

The crowd was cheering my name and one of the doctors came out. They took him away and I left without another word.

I got back home and I decided to call my friends over. Everyone was going to this party tonight.