Chapter Nine

Chapter nine

I didn’t sleep I just waited for someone to come home. Ash stirred in his sleep and I was relieved.

“Rose” he could barely speak, I gave him a glass of water and he drank.

“Thank god you’re ok, I was so worried” I hugged him and he hissed in pain. “Sorry” he held my hand and kissed it.

“It’s ok,” he looked down at his torso and looked back at me. “You did this”

“I know it’s not that good but I had to do something to stop the bleeding, we will get you to a doctor as soon as you dad comes home”

“Rose you’re bleeding too” I looked at my arm and my gauze was soaked with blood. “Get me the kit I will bandage you up properly.”

“No it’s fine you shouldn’t be moving. Ash why did you jump in front of the bullet?”  Ash looked at me and I could tell he was in deep thought.

“Because I love you and I didn’t want to lose another person I love. I lost the person I love the most; when my mom died I died too. When you came along I felt alive again, I couldn’t lose you like I lost her.” I could see the tears running down his eyes. I lifted his chin and pressed my lips to his.

We broke apart when someone cleared their throat; I looked up to see Damien and Jayson.

“Sorry to interrupt but we need to go” I looked at Jayson and I knew what he was thinking.

“First we need to get Ash some medical attention” I spoke.

“Jayson call Doctor Jones tell him to come to the house,” a little while after the doctor came and took a look at Ash.

“Well whoever did these stitches and took the bullet out saved his life; he would have died if he lost any more blood. I am going to give you a pain killer please make sure you get lots of rest” he spoke to Damien.

“Doctor can you take a look at Rose too please” Ash asked, I looked at him and he gave me a glare so I shut up and got my arm checked.

“Her skin is cut deep but not as deep as Ash’s, I’m going to bandage it up and give you an injection” my first thought was I hate injections; seriously I used to scream when I was a kid. Jayson on the other hand burst out laughing.

“Not a good idea doc, she hate injections” Ash burst out laughing too, he pulled out the injection and my face paled.

“Look at me,” Ash pulled me into his arms and kissed me, we pulled away and the doctor was packing his stuff away.

“All done, both of you need rest” he left a little while later and I knew we had to tell them.

“Jayson” I called he looked at me and nodded. 

“You guys need to sit down I have something I need to say” Damien sat next to Jayson and I sat next to Ash. “First everything that I feel for you is true don’t even think it’s a lie, and promise me that no matter what your feeling won’t change for me” I looked at Ash and he pulled me in for a kiss.

“Everything you know about Jayson and I is true, our names and such but one thing you guys never asked about was our jobs. I am head of drugs department in the FBI.”