Harry stood awkwardly, it was weird seeing Calum as a parent. He was used to the old Calum, who was a carefree, run-around type of guy. Until he was exposed as the true bitch that he really was.

Or maybe still is...? The tea.

"Thank you for bringing him to me, I'm sorry about the trouble again." He spoke to Harry sincerely, seeming guilty.

"Oh it's no problem, he's a cute lil one." Harry brushed off, smiling at Alex who was staring at Harry cheekily from behind the bars of the shopping cart.

Calum snorted. "Little dom thinks he can do whatever he wants, he doesn't like to listen to me that's for sure."

"What about his dad?" Harry accidentally slipped the words out, feeling bad for digging into someone else's life.

Calum looked away from Harry, taking a short breath. "Hasn't been in his life. I can tell he needs a strong dominant here for him to teach him things, and I feel bad about it." Calum spoke quietly, watching Alex mindlessly play with a pair of new light up shoes that were in the cart with him.

Harry frowned, feeling a bit bad for Alex. "He seems like a strong little guy, I think you're doing a good job." He complimented.

And if Harry wasn't just seeing things, he could swear that Calum's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink.

It wasn't a surprise. Calum's always had feelings for Harry, they probably didn't entirely disappear throughout the five years he'd been missing.

"At least you think so." Calum smiled a bit, looking Harry up and down while he bit his lip.

Harry nodded awkwardly. "Yeah, well I've got to go and find my cart again, you two have a nice day." He coughed and began walking away.

"Bye bye hero!" Alex called out, making Harry turn and wave at him before he went back to his cart.

That was just...ew. Harry cringed. It was just so awkward, and running into him in the grocery store must mean that he'll probably be seeing him around more often.

His kid was cute though, looked like a tiny Calum.

Harry sighed and decided to just cash out in order to avoid seeing Calum around the store.

—————————————

"I'm home baby boy!" Harry shouted out, he smirked when Gemma looked up at him from the couch.

"There are other people in this house too y'know." She rolled her eyes playfully and flipped a page from the book she was reading.

"Really? You're so bored in my house that you've resorted to reading?" Harry asked, making an angry face.

"Shut the fuck up, it helps me relax." She shot back at him.

Harry could hear a snicker come from the kitchen, he looked to his right through the kitchen doorway to see Niall doing the dishes.

He must've been laughing because he'd heard the two siblings going back and forth.

One of Harry's eyebrows shot up. He had to leave for work this morning and he hadn't been home for too long before he went grocery shopping so he hadn't really seen Niall much today.

He sat beside Gemma for a moment, leaving the grocery bags on the floor near the front door.

"So did you two meet, or should I introduce you to him to make it less awkward?" Harry asked in a low voice.

Gemma waved him off. "We met already. He's pretty funny actually." She smiled slightly.

Harry nodded. "Okay, good."