Chapter 26

I stood in the kitchen with my hair in a mess bun as I stared back and forth between the ingredients and a recipe for spaghetti sauce. I started chopping up the ingredients and putting them into a big pot.

Which I didn't even know Harry had until I called him up. He noticed I was a little frantic when I called him and said that if it was too much that we could order takeout instead. I told him that I was fine and that I could handle it.

I needed this dinner to work out. It was going to be the first one I ever had and I needed to impress my mother. If I didn't I was never going to hear the end of it. Everything was going how it was supposed to. I put the pot on the stove and turned it on and began to clean up the mess I made in the kitchen.

I sat down next to Buster on the living room floor and turned on the television. I got up to stir the sauce every ten minutes to make sure I didn't burn it. I decided to start getting the table set up so I wouldn't have to worry about it later.

I went into and extra room we had in the apartment that we turned into a storage room and grabbed the table leafs one by one and brought them into the dining area. Then I grabbed enough chairs for everyone.

As I was setting up the chairs Harry came home. "You should've waited until I got home I could've helped you." He said kissing my cheek.

"I just needed something to do." I replied. I walked into the kitchen and turned the stove off. "If you want you can make the noodles." He nodded and took out another pot. "I'm going to go get ready."

I walked into Harry and I's room and over to the dresser. I pulled out a pair of skinny jeans and a grey sweater. I put them on and then walked back into the kitchen. "Dinner smells really good. You should make this more often." Harry said.

"Thanks. Are you going to stay in your suit or do you want to change?" I asked.

"I'm gonna go change. The pasta should almost be done." He replied. I nodded and he gave my lips a quick peck before he went to go get changed. I smiled and bit my lip. When Harry came back I was draining the noodles in the sink.

"They should be here any minute." He said as he placed his hands on my waist. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Okay." I replied. He helped me set the table and when we were done our doorbell started ringing. We both went to the door to greet our guests. Harry's parents were the first to arrive with Gemma in tow.

Then my parents came with Erica. I decided to invite her and make it a whole family dinner. "Thank you for inviting me." She gave me a hug when she came in.

"Thank for coming." I replied hugging her back. I wasn't able to get to know her when I was growing up so I was going to try and make up for lost time. We all sat down and ate. Small talk went around and it seemed like Erica got along with everyone well.

I was having a good time and even my mother seemed to be having a good time. She was laughing and I don't remember if I've ever seen her this happy. "I saw you got a dog what breed is it?" Erica asked.

"His name's Buster and he's a Siberian Husky." I replied.

"He's adorable." She said as she looked at him sleeping in the living room.

"Thanks." I smiled. Harry's father looked at the clock.

"It's getting late I think we're going to head out." He said getting up.

"Yeah, I think we are too sweetie." My mother said following suit. Everyone got up and we said our goodbyes.

"I think tonight went well." Harry said.

"Thank you for tonight." I replied.

"No problem." He said with a smile. We walked over and sat down on the couch.

"It was nice to see everyone again. I mean it was a little stressful in beginning, but it was good." I replied.

"It was nice seeing you laugh again. I like seeing you happy." Harry said.

I smiled, leaned in and I kissed him. I pulled away and rested my forehead against his. "I love you." I whispered. I had only said those three words one other time and that was when we got married, but this time I actually meant it.

I saw Harry smile widely. "I love you too." He replied before placing his lips back on mine. Never would I ever had imagined that my life would've gone like this, but I honestly didn't know if I would want to change it.

the end