Chapter 21

"Riley love, you have to get up," Harry said while shaking me. My eyes slowly opened. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I got up from the bed shivering once my feet hit the cold wooden floor.

I grabbed a pair of shorts and a top from the suitcase and walked into the bathroom, I brushed my teeth and put my clothes on. I left the bathroom with my dirty clothes and then threw them into my suitcase.

"Okay, we're supposed to meet your parents in the lobby," Harry said.

"Okay," I replied. I grabbed all of the things I was going to need for our flight. Even though I have no idea where we're going. Every time I ask Harry he always changes the subject.

"You ready?" Harry asked and I nodded. We grabbed our suitcases and made our way to the elevators.

*********

We stepped out of the elevator and walked over to some chairs that were in the lobby. Harry checked us out and I sat down. I pulled out my phone as we were waiting hoping to pass some time. "What time are my parents supposed to be coming?" I asked.

"They should be here at around ten." He replied looking at his watch.

**********

I looked at my phone again. It was almost eleven my parents should've been here by now. My phone started ringing. It was my dad. "Hey, honey." He said. He sounded a little off. His voice was shaky.

"Where are you and mom? I thought you two were stopping here at ten." I asked.

"We're at the hospital." He replied.

"Why?" I asked feeling a pit in my stomach.

"We got into a car accident." He replied.

"Are you and mom okay?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"I'm not as bad as your mother. I have a few scratches but other than that, I'm okay." He replied.

"What do you mean?" I asked choking back tears.

"The car hit your mother's side." He said. My stomach dropped. I know that she and I don't get along all that well, but I couldn't imagine my life without her.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"Yes, she's got a few broken bones and is a little shaken up." He replied. I still felt uneasy.

"Can you please text me the address of the hospital?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have to go now they need me to fill out some paperwork. Love you." He replied.

"Okay, love you too," I replied and then hung up. I put my head in my hands and closed my eyes. I watched as Harry walked back from the front desk. "Riley, is everything okay?" He asked.

"My parents are at the hospital," I replied.

"Why? Is everything okay?" He asked.

"They got into a car accident," I replied. Harry helped me up and engulfed me in a hug. All I could think is that I was so grateful that both of my parents are still alive.

"It's going to be okay Riley," Harry whispered as he rubbed his hand up and down my back. Him rubbing my back was soothing.

"My mother broke some bones, but my father said that other than some scratches that he feels fine," I said.

"Do you want to go see them?" Harry asked.

"Yeah," I replied. I pulled away and wiped my eyes. I hadn't even noticed that some tears escaped my eyes. I looked at Harry's black shirt.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"For what?" He asked.

"For using your shirt as a snot rag," I replied hoping to lighten the mood a little bit.

He laughed and shook his head. "It's okay I can always change my shirt." He said. He took both suitcases and started walking. I followed him outside. We waited for a taxi to pass by and eventually one did.

I climbed into the taxi while Harry put the suitcases inside the trunk. He climbed in next to me. He took my phone off of my lap and told the driver the address of the hospital. I closed my eyes and laid my head on the window.

Harry looked over to me and wiped away another tear that escaped from my eye. I hadn't realized that I had still been crying. "It's okay Riley, things will be okay," Harry said and I nodded. I took his hand in mine and he kissed my knuckles.

I'm glad he's the person that's with me right now.