Chapter 5

"Riley! Harry's here." My mother yelled. I jogged down the stairs while putting my gloves on. It's gotten very cold recently. That and Harry asked me to dress warmly.

"Hello love." He said moving his hair from his face.

"Hello Harry," I replied.

"Shall we?" Harry asked while holding out his hand for me to take.

"We shall," I replied placing my hand in his. I could almost feel the excitement radiating off of my mother. Harry wouldn't tell me where we were going, the only noise in the car is the soft hum of the music. I kept quiet not really knowing what to talk about. This definitely shows how poor my social skills are.

I mean it shows in more ways than one. I only have one friend and it took forever to make that one friend. I am a very shy and closed off personas it was, and it didn't help that my mother controlled my every move. Deciding who I am allowed to talk to and who I'm not.

I played with the ends of my hair. Rubbing my fingers against the soft strands. While I looked out the window my breath fogging up the glass. "Are you okay?" Harry asked.

"I'm fine," I replied turning my head to look at him. 

"We'll be there in a couple of minutes." I nodded. I started humming lowly to the song that was playing on the radio. I closed my eyes breathing in the warm air that was pumping through the vents of the car. 

"We're here," Harry said as he parked the car. I nodded fixing the hat that was on top of my head. I got out of the car and looked around to see that he brought me to an ice skating rink. "I figured that this would be a fun first date." He said wrapping an arm around my waist. I nodded not finding any words.

 I was kind of excited but also kind of nervous since I haven't ice skated since I was thirteen. He paid for us both and right now Harry was tying my skates. Asking me every now and then if they were too tight. "You ready?" He asked standing up holding out his hand with a smile on his face.

"Yes," I replied placing my hand in his. We walked towards the ice. My skate got caught on a rubber piece on the ground making me trip. Harry quickly grabbed my waist stopping me from falling. Our faces were inches apart, our eyes locking.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied breathlessly. We stayed like that for a few more moments. Just staring into each other's eyes, then he suddenly pulled away. He stepped on the rink holding his hand out for me to take. I stepped onto the rink slipping slightly from the change of surface.

I quickly adapted. It's been awhile since I've skated, but it feels so good. Harry held onto my hand as he started to skate backward. "I'm sorry I haven't spoken much. I'm just not good with words." I stated. It was also because he made me nervous, but I didn't want him to know that.

"It's alright love." He smiled. "You know what I've realized?"

"What," I said.

"We don't know much about each other." He stated. "So what's your favorite animal?"

"What kind of question is that?" I laughed.

"I'm just trying to break the ice." He chuckled.

"Well, I would have to say my answer to that question would have to be River Otters." I smiled.

"Mine is a Liger."

"I thought you meant real animals," I replied.

"A Liger is very real my dear Riley." He smiled.

"Then please explain what it is," I said my eyebrow raised.

"It is a cross between a lion and a tiger. The results are magical."

"Alright, Harry." I laughed. I can't believe that he's twenty-one.

"If you could go on a holiday to anywhere in the world where would it be?" He asked leaning against the wall of the rink.

"Paris or Rome. What about you?" I replied standing in front of him.

"I would have to say England."

"Why England? Haven't you already been there?" I asked.

"I miss it there. I miss the atmosphere and my mum most importantly." He replied. I wasn't really expecting that answer. I also forgot that most people have good relationships with their mothers. "Why Paris and Rome?"

"Well I mean my answer isn't nearly as good as yours. I just think that they are beautiful places." I replied.

"Where do you see yourself in five years?" He asked.

"Well married obviously and hopefully happy," I replied.

"In five years I see myself with you and maybe a few little feet running around. I also see myself being happy." He breathed. I bit my lip at the mention of little feet. He wants to have kids with me. I don't know how I feel about that.

And most importantly he sees a future with me.