Chapter 14

"Goodnight everyone," I said getting up from Harry's lap. This day was long and all I wanted to do was curl up into a ball on my bed and go to sleep.

"I think I'm going to head to bed too." Harry said while following me.

"Why do you always have to do everything I do?" I asked.

"I see it as me showing an interest in you." He replied.

I walked into my room and grabbed a tank top and sweats. "Out." I said to Harry but he just stood there staring at me.

"Didn't your mother teach you that staring is rude?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I'm sorry I spaced out." he replied.

"Okay, now get out." I said while pushing him out so I could get changed.

Once I had my clothes on I let him back in. He walked over to my bed and sat down. "Aren't you going to get changed?" I asked.

"I am fine with what I'm wearing." He said gesturing to his sweatpants and t-shirt. I shook my head and sat down in front of him.

"Why are you even up here anyway? Aren't you going home?" I asked.

"I'm spending the night here." He replied.

"Okay, then why are you in my room?" I asked.

"Your parents thought that it would be good practice for when we're married." He replied. Of course they did.

"I was thinking since we don't know each other that well we could ask each other questions." He said.

"Sure," I replied.

"What do you look for in a guy?" He asked. Of course he asked this question.

"I don't see why this would matter anymore. I'm going to be with you for the rest of my life." I answered.

"Just answer the question." He said.

"Fine, I look for someone with a good personality. Someone that I can gel with." I replied.

"Okay now ask me a question," he said.

"Um, what do you look for in a girl?" I asked. I figured if he asked me I might as well ask him.

"Everything you have." He answered and I gave him a small smile. He was trying to flatter me. He leaned in and this time I let him. Our lips met and I kissed him back. It felt weird, I hardly know him yet he's sleeping in my bed and kissing me.

He pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine. "Why did you let me kiss you?" He asked.

"I don't know," I answered. I honestly didn't know why I let him kiss me. I guess I figured it would be one less thing for us to argue about. I didn't want to think about the kiss anymore so I thought of another question I could ask him.

"Do you have any secrets?" I asked.

"Of course, everyone has secrets." He replied.

"Tell me one." I said.

"You don't get to ask two questions in a row and I'm not answering it even if you ask again." He replied.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because my secrets could change your life. You can't know, not yet anyway." He replied.

"I think I'm going to go to sleep now." I said. I didn't bother trying to pester and answer out of him because I figured I would get a better sleep if I wasn't mad at him,

"Okay." He replied. I laid down and closed my eyes. I felt Harry put his arms around me and pulled me closer to him.

"Goodnight Riley." He whispered.

"Goodnight Harry," I replied. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Although I didn't ask the thought couldn't escape my mind of all the possibilities of what Harry could be keeping from me. And why was he so certain that it would change my life?